Kel-Tec PLR 22 .22 LR Pistol Semi Auto YAY or NAY?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by DankSinatra, Oct 12, 2011.

1. DankSinatra

DankSinatra New Member

I am really thinking about getting one of these from my local gun shop, any one got one? I want it for home defense and to go to the range with, i think it looks rather unique and seems to be at a reasonable price. semi auto matic.

[​IMG]

2. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

Kel-Tec makes a decent weapon for the price. They are reliable once they are broken in. I have never had the pleasure of shooting, or even handling a PLR 22, but I haven't hear anything bad about them. As a plinker, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one, but for home defense, I would try to get something in a larger caliber. 9 mm ammo is cheap to plink with, but there are a ton of great personal defense ammo out there. You can even pick up something in .40 or .45 caliber for a reasonable price.

Good luck.

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

What's the mag capacity? I would never discount a .22 as a self defense/home defense weapon, provided I have ammo to work with. There have been many cases of people defending their homes with .22s with good effect.

4. USMC_Richey

USMC_Richey New Member

Nah I'm with smoky, I wouldn't use any .22lr gun for home defense. If you like the ease factor and less recoil, a 9 mill shouldn't be too far from home. But as far as the gun I've never shot it. But unless you plan on shootin a crap ton of squirrels, I'd up the caliber. Personally, a good ole .45 should do the job just fine.. ;)