Kel-Tec KSG 15 rd Shotgun

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by PanBaccha, Jan 9, 2012.

1. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Anyone experienced the Kel-Tec KSG 15 rd Shotgun?
    Narrowed my choice down to this. Thinking of getting one.
    Would like to know your opinions on it, if any.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/Watch?v=PHkXTTR0OsA&feature=youtube[/ame]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  2. safedman

safedman New Member

Only Kel Tecs that have been shipped were and are for testing pourposes. Non are out for sale yet. Company is taking the results of all the different companies info after testing and completing the required changes. No news when they will be available. I am as you, looking for a Bullpup stocked 12, looked at the Remington 870 after market Bullpup and the Saiga 12 aftermarket. I like this one and will grab one when they are available. You can go to the Kel Tec site and read the up-date explaining that none are for sale yet.
    Hope this helps and let me know what you think if you get one before I do and I will reciprocate!
    Aim small miss small
    Info taken off the Kel Tec site 1/8/2012

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012

3. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Thanks for the info Safedman! I too will keep a look-out for its release.

4. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I've only seen them on video. Interesting concept. But the actions haven't exactly looked smooth and I'd probably opt for a nice (and proven) semiauto shotgun like a Benelli M2 or FN SLP for similar or slightly more money. The Saigas are another good option.

It's a promising gun, but I'd imagine it'll evolve a bit over the next few years as there will be kinks to work out.

5. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

I got to fondle one at a gun show a few months ago. A little different but a neat concept. It fit me better than I thought it would from the pics that I had seen before that.

6. TekST165

TekST165 New Member

I will say that there are a few up for sale on gunbroker, that are outside of the box and not using the stock photos (safedman is right about what the keltec website says, but that post has been up for several months, so they might have shipped a few).....but they are double the msrp. $1600+ is a lot to pay for a 12gauge. I wanted one too, but i ended up picking up a used mossberg 590 9 shot. For $300 im not gonna complain.

7. gmaster456

gmaster456 New Member

Might be nice to keep in a vehicle or something.

8. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

It'd be great for home defense bein so short and having the ability to switch between two separate mags at will. Last I saw, there are still some mechanical kinks to work out. I'll be interested to see how they're received....if anyone can get one. Kel-tec has serious production schedule issues. Going on two years now where most of their product line is backordered.

9. safedman

safedman New Member

Tec is correct. just saw one for sale for $1500. I am getting a Rem 870 and buying the bullpup conversion ;). Be out of it for less than $700 :mad:. The demand has driven the cost massivly above what the KSg is worth. When they can not sell one the price will drop.....demand will drive the bus.

10. TekST165

TekST165 New Member

Either thier production problems are huge, or they are intentionally driving prices up. wouldnt be the first time that has happened. Even so $1500 to 1700 for a pump action....retarded!

Lol i would be happy if anyone came out with a top loading shotgun, like in halo. Yeah im a dork, but the idea of a top loading shotgun for combat purposes has a lot of merit.

11. safedman

safedman New Member

I would like the bottom ejecting! Being left handed a bullpup that ejects out the right side can burn the nose!
    Found a Gun Shop in the southern part of Maine that has 9 Kel Tec KSGs on order and will sell for $675 out the door. Did not put cash down cause I know how things can change.

12. TekST165

TekST165 New Member

thats an awesome price!!! but your right things do change.

13. safedman

safedman New Member

The Remington 870 Bullpup stock
    [​IMG]
    Bullpupunlimited.com

14. Hookeye

Hookeye Active Member

Handled one at a shop last week. They have a list of folks............looks like it might take a while to get through it too (shop only has gotten one and no word on when the next will arrive).

I agree, $1500 for a pump gun is retarded.

Saw a minty pigeon grade M12 for over twice that ;)

15. LudicrousSpeed

LudicrousSpeed New Member

I was really liking those KSG's, but it seemed it was taking forever for them to come out.

I just recently purchased a Mossberg 500 Bullpup instead:D

16. BCMjUnKiE

BCMjUnKiE New Member

You might as well get a Tromix or RJF SBS fir what that overpriced synthetic pump is going for. MD-20 rd. Drum and semi-auto is better than 14+1 in a pump.

17. Riverg420

Riverg420 New Member

I like it but not for $1500 though