Kel-tec 380

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by salfig, May 28, 2012.

1. salfig

salfig New Member

Any one no why my 380 keeps jamming its not a cleaning problem all my guns get cleaned after the range. Any ideas???

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

How is it jamming? Fail to feed? Stove pipe? Need more details. Are you using cheap ammo?

Last edited: May 28, 2012

3. shootitout

shootitout New Member

Idk i have herd about some problems and some catastrophic failures and they sent the gun back and it keeped having problems so Idk.

4. salfig

salfig New Member

It leaves the casein inside does not eject and try's bringing another round in

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Is your extractor broken or the spring weak?

6. salfig

salfig New Member

No they r fine i saw some where to un screw the extractor and put some type of sealant and tighten it back up. It happens sometimes every other round

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Hmm. Tough one. Can you post a bunch of pics?

8. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I have one and it does NOT work well with Herter's bullets. It jammed almost every time I tried to shoot it. I switched to Remington and I have not had any problems.

Sorry we have some of our other firearms in the pic too. My .380 is right next to the .410 shotgun.

image-1997686692.jpg

9. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Normally, if not the mag, and the extractor is functioning correctly, it is the ammo.

I haven't had any problems with mine.

10. salfig

salfig New Member

Thanx guys problem solved the screw where the extractor was loose. So happy

11. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

I just started having this same thing happen to mine...And the screw is not loose at the extractor...Just started happening and only have 200 rounds threw the gun....Called kel-tec and they said send the gun-in by mail,but the turn-around wait is 4 to 6 weeks...This-SUCKS....Like they are not being pulled-out of the barrel and the next round is jamming up under the spent-casing....Like I say...This...SUCKS.......:confused:......

12. salfig

salfig New Member

Sorry are you sure i would back out the srew a lil and give it a good tightening go to the range and see what happens also use some good ammo

13. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

I'll try anything at this point.....