Keep Brandon Webb off the NRA Board of Directors

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Bigcountry02, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

2. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Wow! How recent is this?

He must be a minority voice on the board because I've seen the NRA endorse such non sense.

Tack

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

neither one seems to have the best interests of the LAC gun owner in mind with opinions like those.

i think that not allowing Brandon Webb access to being a board member and getting Joaquin Jackson gone are in our best interests too.

4. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

The information on Brandon Webb is recent and also from earlier this year. This video on you tube was uploaded on 15 Aug 2007.

5. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Joaquin Jackson has been re-elected to the NRA board of directors since he went on his anti "assault rifle" rant. He gets re-elected because he is a former TX ranger, don't you know. i don't give a damn if Webb was a SEAL, he will not get my vote.

6. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

It's time for NRA members to demand the resignation of this idiot. Compromise on gun control is nothing but surrender. You've got an NRA board member here who wants rifles limited to a 5-round capacity. WTF???? And a former Navy SEAL who wants to be a board member who thinks gun control will stop mass shootings.

Is this where my membership dues and contributions have gone? I'm p*ssed right now.

7. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

I'm torn on the Webb comments. Am I the only one that's been to the range and cringed at some of the gun safety issues, and/or the people's behavior? The only thing that really keeps me from agreeing with Webb is my deep Libertarian streak. Until the idiots actually harm someone I don't think I'd vote to disarm them. And thank you to the RSOs that must constantly correct certain people.

8. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

What a dangerous Webb he weaves! :p ok, ok, too dry?..geez.

9. alsaqr

NRA members have re-elected Jackson twice since he went on his rant. i tried to warn NRA members about Jackson: Got a lot of flak from his buds for my trouble.

The big problem: Few eligible NRA members bother to vote.

10. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i am a huge proponent of gun safety, but never should it be mandatory for ownership. at no point have i ever seen anything about mandatory safety training in the 2 amendment.

and his remarks about 5 round limited magazines? that right thereis right in line with liberal democratic thinking. think Dianne Fienstien! and Hillary Clinton! and Obama! and the liberal gun hating media.

and the word compromise that many of them speak of? what about that? compromise in it's truest sense is about two sides coming to terms theat benefit both sides. as my understanding of the history of all gun control laws, band and restrictions, not once does it seem that LAC who are gunowners, have gotten compromise, but have had taken from them, with nothing given in return. that IMO, is not compromise. all of this so-called "compromise" on the part of gunowners, for the cause of stopping violent crime and violent acts upon innocent people, but time and history have proven, that none of these have yet to stop criminals from getting guns, not have they stopped or detered crime to any degree. so they can take their "compromise" and shove it.

Brandon Webb, while i commend his service to our country, does not belong on the board of members of the NRA in any type of capacity. Johnson needs to be replaced as well. his views do not reflect mine in any way with his stance on "assault weapons" and magazine restrictions.

11. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

This is why I was. A "lapsed" member for many years until "Re-Joining" in early 2013. This is the kind of crap that pushes people away from the NRA......

12. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

I heard the NRA pres speak for about 5 minutes at the yearly gathering in Texas, I shut it down minutes into it, he was talking about acceptable fondling of our freedoms, thats not what I signed up for! How do I support these folks when they dont get it!

Sadly, even with the voices of the NRA growing in numbers, when they sit at the table with Republicrats, compromise is the only solution they have to offer. Lets face it, the Feds and States arent listening, they are demanding we bow to them. You can compromise on dinner, wallpaper or velour seats but there really is no compromise when it comes to our Rights. They are a one topic group and dont demand the rest of the BORs be represented in their vision, they will sell their souls for a short term victory while were losing the war in states across the nation.

Anything that restricts, fetters our removes unalienable rights is a non starter!

13. alsaqr

Hey, folks:

The NRA leadership did not re-elect Joaquin Jackson to the NRA board of directors twice after he went on his anti-gun rant. NRA members re-elected the idiot. i caught an awful lot of flak from NRA members for daring to mention that Jackson went on his anti-gun rant. They talked about what a wonderful Texas ranger the guy was. It takes about 70,000 votes to get elected/re-elected to the NRA board.

i've belonged to the NRA for over 50 years and i can't find a roster of the board of directors because the NRA leadership took the roster of board members off their website. The NRA leadership is not proud of the fact that there are some sorry members on their board of directors.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  14. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

Maybe I'll just keep my $$ in the State of NC where it can be watched more closely, and spent more wisely. Maybe we need 50 strong little NRAs working together when possible. HHHMMMM, sounds familiar.

15. FishinLuke

FishinLuke New Member

Thank for posting this BigCountry! I will get my vote out against these two! There should be no compromise on the second amendment, period!

16. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

I think we need to have the leadership reminded of what happened when the Jews In the Warsaw Getto "Compromised" with the Nazis....

17. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

There are enough gun restrictions. Enough. Five-round mag limits are a huge step in the direction of a total gun ban.

18. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

And that's why the members elect the board.:cool:

19. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

WHAaaaat?

I need to do some research.

20. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

So why doesn't the Executive send out recommendations on who should be on the Board, complete with proxies...or have I not been reading my NRA mail?

Isn't that how it's done? Maybe foreign members don't get to vote?

I am unhappy, unhappy, unhappy. We have people up here, too, who think the right to arms really means the right to go hunting. We call them liberals....sometimes, worse.