Keep an eye for one of these for me

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by spittinfire, Feb 6, 2011.

1. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I'm looking for a Kimber Pro Carry HD, if anyone comes across one at a good price how about dropping me a PM.

I'm going to unload my Pro Carry so I can get the HD. Why you ask? Well, I originally wanted an HD but the gun I have now came along at too good of a price to pass up. It got me into the 1911 game and I know I like the weapon so now it's time to get what I wanted in the first place. Thanks guys.

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

What's the difference Spitty (yes, I'm to damned lazy to Google)...

3. spittinfire

The HD has a stainless slide and frame. Mine is a blued slide with an aluminum frame. There is not a thing wrong with mine, I just want stainless.

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

You'll want the full size too Spitty!

5. spittinfire

I've got that in the works. :D

6. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

I'll keep an eye out.
    Ever think of just getting your blued-slide Hard Chromed to give you the look you're after?

7. 38SuperFan

38SuperFan New Member

There's a few on GunBroker.

8. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Go here.

Link

This is in town here, supposed to be the biggest Kimber dealer in the US and their prices are great. Owner is friends with the creator of Kimber or something like that, didnt get the whole story as I had a pistol in my hand and I was salivating.......Anywho, check it out and let me know if this helps.

9. Leatherneck1775

Leatherneck1775 New Member

good luck in your search, that was the one I was after at first. They told me I'd have to wait 6 to 8 months to get one. Then I over shot my budget on the Super Carry Pro, now there's no looking back.... Only forward to the next time I get the green light to buy another gun from upper management aka the wife.

10. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Those are excellent prices. I wish I could get them for that in Kalifornia.

11. spittinfire

It's not the look I'm after. I'm a fan of stainless and it's what I wanted. I talked to the wife about it and she said OK so why not?

First thing I'm going to do after breaking it in is add a bobtail MSH. Basically I'm building what I want for a carry gun for years to come.

cddbrowns, thanks for the link.

12. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Spitty, you're young so I have to ask.

As permission, did your wife say "go ahead, do whatever you want"?

If so, you DO NOT want to get this new firearm as you will pay dearly for it...

13. spittinfire

Actually no. I told I was thinking about selling mine and buying one like it but in all stainless. She asked why. I then explained that I originally wanted an all stainless gun but found this one at a great price and I got it so I could test the 1911 waters. I really like the gun but I would like to find one in all stainless since it's going to see double duty for a while as a range and carry gun.

Next she asked how much it would cost. I told her if I sold mine and shopped around the cost would be very little. She then calmly nodded her head and said, "ok."

So I'm going for it.

14. spittinfire

I found a dealer that had 10 of these things from a local PD turn in, very low round count on some, with night sights for under $700.....he was sold out. DANG!!