KC Area Rifle Range?

Discussion in 'Kansas Gun Forum' started by BravoSierra, Mar 6, 2012.

1. BravoSierra

BravoSierra New Member

Working on building an AR15 and I noticed the Bullet Hole in Mission, KS does not allow AR15 rifles unless converted to a .22. Does anyone know of a place in or around KC that I can go shooting once my project it done? I am willing to drive a bit if necessary. Sure would hate to finish it only to find out there is no where to shoot it. Will post picts when done.

Thanks,
    B

2. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

Lake city gun range, its north of blue springs and only costs $3/hr. Its the only one I've been to. I think there's a couple gun clubs around that have their own range

3. BravoSierra

BravoSierra New Member

4. jb8815

jb8815 New Member

Range

Parma Woods in Parkville MO. I believe its $3.00 a day.

5. Ima-Savage

Ima-Savage New Member

Lake City is now a Law enforcement Only range.

St. Joseph has a long range for distance shooting.
    Concordia,MO is an hour and a half drive for you straight out east on I-70, but, there is NO rangemaster so you can shoot all day for free. limited to 100yrd distance.

6. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

I just learned of a gun club south of bates city, mo. Its I think $100/year and $150 to join. 300 yard range and they have competition shooting and multiple events, also an indoor range in kcmo somewhere

7. Ima-Savage

Ima-Savage New Member

Pioneer Gun Club is in KCMO at Knobtown also.

8. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

Poineer gun club is who runs the one south of bates city I was talkin about. I'm gonna be goin to check it out friday

9. BravoSierra

BravoSierra New Member

Let me know what you think. It talks about the membership expectations but not what comes with being a member. I am guessing unlimited use of the ranges they have? Access to the classes they have? It sounds pretty good.

10. BravoSierra

BravoSierra New Member

Thanks for the heads up on Lake City and for the note on Concordia and St. Joe. I will certainly check them out.

11. tat2dqtpie

tat2dqtpie New Member

Centerfire shooting sports in Olathe. FANTASTIC brand new facility off of I-35. Just opened, I haven't even been there yet, but the range is state of the art from the videos and demonstrations I've seen. I can't wait to get in there. I may go today. Hope this helps. I personally will not ever step foot in the Bullet Hole in OP again. Centerfire shooting sports also has a FB page. Hope this helps.

12. tat2dqtpie

tat2dqtpie New Member

You guys may try Show Me Shooters as well. Claycomo, Mo.

13. nate913

nate913 New Member

Centerfire I heard as well is really nice. Also havent been there. My buddy goes. Personally, I LOVE Parma Woods. Cheap, nice, and fun

14. leesguns

leesguns New Member

I don't know what part of KCMO you are in, but I just started a new thread about a new Range opening next Saturday. It is an outdoor, public range located just south of Olathe on the KS side. 50 and 100 yard ranges will be open with 200 yard, skeet and trap comming soon. $10 a day with membership options if you want. The website is hillsdalerange.org