KC Area Rifle Range?

Discussion in 'Missouri Gun Forum' started by BravoSierra, Mar 6, 2012.

1. BravoSierra

BravoSierra New Member

Working on building an AR15 and I noticed the Bullet Hole in Mission, KS does not allow AR15 rifles unless converted to a .22. Does anyone know of a place in or around KC that I can go shooting once my project it done? I am willing to drive a bit if necessary. Sure would hate to finish it only to find out there is no where to shoot it. Will post picts when done.

Thanks,
    B

2. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

There's a public range north of blue springs owned my the lake city army ammunition plant. $3/hour.

3. BravoSierra

BravoSierra New Member

Thanks Ranger, I have looked online before, but those were the only two I have found. The Bullet Hole does not allow .223 and the Sugar Creek is a shotgun/archery range.

Jim, exactly what I was looking for, thanks so much for sending over. I have a feeling I will spend a bit of time out there this summer. Do you know, do they sell targets out there? The website does not say?

Thanks again,
    B

4. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

I think they have free targets. I know they give you one when you get there and pretty sure I saw a stack that you can pull from. Hearing and eye protection is not provided. Let me know if you want someone to shot with...I'll probably be goin sometime this weekend

5. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

It is cash only, the first time I went I only had my card. Luckily I had a friend with me that could cover

6. BravoSierra

BravoSierra New Member

Great info, once I have my build done I will check it out. Thanks again!

7. Ironhorse944

Ironhorse944 New Member

I just step out my back door :)

8. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

That would be nice. I'm in the country but theres too many neighbors these days, no safe direction to shoot like there used to be

9. Triumphman

Triumphman Active Member

I know this is an older thread, but for those of us that are closer to Clinton, they have the Golden Valley Shooting Range. I go there often when I need to shoot my stress away. They have great concrete shooting bences that are covered with a roof. They have 25, 50 and 100 yard lanes. Also have a restricted range for Police Officers if you are one. It's an outdoor facility and it's free. You police yourself, but it's pretty safe, with everybody watching out for troublemakers and unsafe conditions and people. Nobody goes downrange until it's been given the ALL-CLEAR signal and everybodies eyes make some sort of contact with each other and clear all gun chambers. I would love to meet up, and go do some shooting.
    Del

10. dawg45

dawg45 New Member

Try Parma Woods in Platte county if your north of the river or lake city on the east side of Jackson county... If your still looking.

11. Nighthawk63

Nighthawk63 New Member

Shooting places

I have a place that anyone who is a member of this group can come and shoot just outside of Kansas City. I have a place near Archie which is just past Harrsonville about 8 miles. I am there most every weekend and there are 40 acre's to shoot on and I have all types of targets for long range shooting and close quarter shooting. Drop me a line if you are interested and I can prepare for anyone who wants to come out. You have to be a member of this group first. Thanks

12. Mike-

Mike- New Member

Wildlife areas sometimes have ranges. One in Mo. that comes to mind is in Gallatin. Nice range. You will be on your own there with other public. No range officals. Gallatin has 25 yd , 50 yd , and 100 yd ranges. Also a real nice shotgun area for checking spreads on your loads.

13. BlackRifle

BlackRifle New Member

Hello nighthawk63,

If you ever need a shooting buddy I live close and love to shoot. You said you shoot near harrisonville? I live in Greenwood, been looking for someone to shoot with. Tired of going to lake city alone.

Do you have a rifle and pistol set up on your land?

14. Triumphman

Triumphman Active Member

Thanks for the offer Nighthawk63. I live just East of Garden City, so you're close by. I'll take ya up on that one of these days. Is there any limitations as to the fire-power a person brings. Don't worry---I don't have a Howlitzer.

Hey Blackrifle, being that you're so close to Harrisonville, maybe we can meet up and carpool down to Nighthawk's place or the gun range I know of, in Clinton(Golden Valley). I want a shootin Bud myself as it's safer.
    Also needing a Hunting Partner for Year round hunts----squirrel, deer, turkey and other seasonal pleasures around the Johnson, Henry, Cass County areas, and if you have land that will allow me to hunt on, I would be grateful for your generosity, as It's getting seriously dangerous in the Public Conservation Areas I've frequented.
    Del

15. BlackRifle

BlackRifle New Member

Triumphman, I hunt private property and unfortunatly cannot bring guests. I "ranch hand" for a farmer on weekends for hunting rights. But his rules are family only sorry. But as far as shooting I'm game, there is also lake city range just north of blue springs too. I do have a place to shoot pistols in the summer/non-hunting seasons. It's a dried up creek bed perfect for close quarters shooting. And the creek banks are 8'-10' tall so very safe.

16. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

I wish I had a place like that to shoot, I usually go to bass pro in independence. Its a nice range but is rather be able to shoot outdoors

17. BlackRifle

BlackRifle New Member

Have you been to lake city? Nice range 20 rifle stalls w/ benches. Pistol range w/ stalls I believe, 3$ an hour. Just north of blue springs just off 7 hwy.

18. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

Ya, I've been. I guess I should say private land...it would be nice to shoot at something other than paper.

19. BlackRifle

BlackRifle New Member

Yea, I hear ya. Plus I like to test my double tap and rapid fire accuracy. That seems to be frowned upon at public ranges. Lol. I could prolly line up a 50 yd Target in my creek for rifle but that's about max until you hit a bend in the creek. By the way where I shoot is next to Powell gardens off 50 hwy.