KB Design & MFG Rifle Kits

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by gearhead, Mar 3, 2011.

1. gearhead

gearhead New Member

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  2. WoodysKJ

WoodysKJ New Member

I am watching this thread, hoping somebody will respond.

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I don't know anything about them, and I haven't heard anything about them previously, so I went to the website and filled out a request for information.

I will post up what they send back.

JD

4. gearhead

gearhead New Member

hey thanks for checkin that out

5. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I hate to say this because every small biz started from nothing but Id probably shy away from a place w/ no history.

6. gearhead

gearhead New Member

The only thing that I know about them is that the kit they offer has the same E.R. Shaw barrel that Model 1 sales has with there kit

7. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Its taking a while for them to respond to Dilingers email but wait and see what he says to say.

8. Kitchensmith

Kitchensmith New Member

Good people!

I would first like to say that I just joined this forum and had to tell a lie to register! My random question was "what country is north of the united states?" and living in Alaska I know that there is no country north of the united states, Canada is southeast of Alaska. Having gotten that off my chest, I bought a complete AR 15 rifle kit last month from KB, I didn't hear any thing for a week so I called a woman answered, a kid was screaming in the background, and she said "hang on" after a minute a guy came on, asked me exactly what custom modifications, gas block, stock, etc. I wanted, and said he would get to it as soon as he could. I would guess that this I a husband/wife small business and in a few days my rifle kit arrived, it was missing the firing pin but I had another one in my .50Beowulf so just stuck that in. Called and the woman said she was really sorry and would send one overnite UPS, which she did. This week I ordered, and just received, a 24" stainless steel bull barell target upper. Same guy called to see which gas block I needed, if imwanted the bolt carrier since I already had the other one, etc. I highly recommend this American Family Business and hope you buy from them! Exceptional quality, perfect finish, E.R.Shaw barrels, and personalized custom service that you won't get from the big guys, plus the satisfaction of helping a young family business get rolling should be enough reason!

9. fgebhardt

fgebhardt New Member

Kb mfg & design

I have just purchased a kit from them and got it yesterday and assembled it and took it to the range today Accuracy was EXCELLENT 5 rnds in a hole the size of a nicle at 100 yards from a standard 16'' heavy barrel kit fit was excellent upper fits very tight to lower and finish was excellent :D I built 5 to 7 AR's a year and have never had this kind of accuracy from a standard kit before. I would and do recommend them and WILL be purchasing from them again in the very near future

10. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Id like to see 44k rounds put through one of these w/o cleaning.

11. Kinetics

Kinetics New Member

lol bully :D