Kansas Uses 10th Amendment; Draws Warning Shot from AG Holder

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by BigByrd47119, May 3, 2013.

1. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Pretty interesting series of events may be on the horizon.

http://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.co...s-in-letter-on-gun-control-nullification-law/

There is more to read that the link above this quote.

I would encourage everyone willing to write the legislator and governor of Kansas and tell them we are watching and support their push for the Second Amendment legislation. Everyone likes knowing they are supported in their endevors, so I wouldnt worry if your not from the state if you do want to write them.

Brighter days are ahead in Kansas for the Second AND Tenth Amendments.

*Thanks to the Tenth Amendment Center for bringing this into the light as no one else is reporting on it*

**MODS: Feel free to move this if it takes a political turn unfitting for this forum (i.e. more about nullification than 2A**

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  2. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

I should have been clearer, the link in the original post will ahow the letter sent from Holder. Its a rather serious tongue lashing, although I am surprised Holder has even the most basic understanding of the word unConstitutional...even if he doesnt understand what is or isnt unConstitutional!

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

well AG Holder better start writing more of those letters, as other states are pushing for proposals of the same type laws to protect the citizens in their states.

states are fighting back against Unconstitutional laws.

4. RJMercer

RJMercer New Member

It's a good day when Holder gets his panties in a knot. Kudos to the state of Kansas.

5. Garadex

Garadex New Member

Makes me proud to live in this country but sad to live in Kalifornia.

6. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

What Holder SAYS is constitutional and what IS constitutional could be two very different things.

7. otisthecat

otisthecat New Member

I'm no fan of Brownback, but the guy definitely supports the 2A.

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

Are* two entirely* different things.

Fixed it :)

9. Axxe55

well nobody with any common sense would ever accuse Holder of doing the right thing in regards to the law.

10. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Pi$$ on Holder and Janet Reno, the wet nurse who burped him. :mad:

11. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Axxe, I'm not sure anyone with common sense would ever accuse Holder of following the law, much less "doing the right thing".

12. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

I would accuse him of that if he tied 300lb test line around is junk and used himself as shark bait. Perfectly legal :D

13. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Interesting. Another case of Obama/Holder waving the constitution when it suits them, and ignoring it any other time. Calling it an outdated document that does not have relevence today.

14. jebsca

jebsca New Member

I love how this administration will pick and choose what parts of the law they wish to enforce and ignore. They threaten action when states start trying to enforce immigration laws telling us that immigration is a federal law and only they can prosecute. When a state, like Kansas, points out that if the gun is made and kept in Kansas, and never crosses state lines, it is not subject to federal laws, they get all bent out of shape. When gun control bills fall flat, we get to hear about how they held up a bill with technicalities, but they do not point out to us that Harry Reid changed his vote so they could use a technicality to let them bring the same bill up later.

If the feds push this, I could see it ending up in the Supreme Court. I think Kansas is saying that if the gun is made here and used here, that it is a case of States Rights, and to stay out. As I remember, Montana passed a similar law a few years ago, but I can’t find anything on it. Does anybody remember this too, and if so, what’s the status of it now?

15. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

16. Axxe55

17. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Hope its real. AFAIK, anyone can put anything on that site although I do know I have seen documents I know to be genuine on there.

The way the letter seems to address some 3rd party (us reading the back and forth between Holder and the Governor) and not Holder makes me suspicious...

18. trip286

trip286 New Member

I kinda thought that too... We'll see where it goes.

19. BullseyePrecision

BullseyePrecision New Member

Makes me glad I live in Kansas.

20. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member