Kahr?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Staidan, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Staidan

Staidan New Member

I got to fire a Kahr .45 today. It felt surprisingly nice. But I had never heard of Kahr. Anybody have any experience with them? How do you like them? Etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

2. duddie10

duddie10 New Member

Yah good guns. The p series i think is the more expensive model. My buddy got the cm9 and i love shooting it. Triggers alittle different feel to get use to.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Firearms Talk mobile app

3. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Hi Saidan, Kahrs are good guns. Is there a model you are looking at, or just the price range?

4. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

The Kahrs are upscale self-defense handguns. What makes them different: the smoothest DA trigger pull in the class, but also the longest; the patented offset feeding ramp that lowers the bore axis; and the uncommonly slim grips relative to the frame, good for smaller hands.

Because of the longish trigger reset, the Kahr is hardly a speed shooter. But it is very enjoyable on the range. You know you are holding a fine piece of machinery.

5. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

I have had a Kahr P380 for several years! It is a fine pistol and easy to conceal!
    My best friend has a 9mm Kahr and has had it for several years.
    No complaints here!

6. therukh

therukh New Member

Great Gun

Had my PM9 for several years now & carry it daily. Great gun, great trigger, superbly accurate & ultra reliable except with Winchester PDX-1. Do not use PDX-1. It shuts the gun down & must be dismantled to be cleared (or use a big-a#* screwdriver, which is dangerous). They are expensive but worth it. Have used it in BUG matches too & it is so easy to shoot & does well.

7. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Did you check out kahrs site yet?? I bought my first one off a PO'd cw9 owner almost 6 years ago. been a great pistol for me. Had to look them up to see what I bought so cheaply . Liked it enough to buy a pocket pistol from them, cm9 and last year a tp40. That is now my primary CC piece. The 45 versions will use 1911 mags , some with a little un-needed metal removed , some as they come. depends on the mag. Like so many smaller pistol there s whiners and likers and like all makes there a few turds get out. So far mine have a few thousand rounds thru them and are 100% reliable.

Do you know what model you shot as they make 3 size's and 5 models of the polymer 45 soon to be 6 models. The lower price CW45 and the higher P45 are the most popular. but the TP and CT are great carry pistols too. My favorite.

Visit kahr talk too.

8. JW357

JW357 New Member

I rented a, I believe a CW9. I really like the feel of the gun when I'm not shooting.

Shooting was a different story. It beat up my hand. But it was a fine shooter and I could probably get used to it if I shot it more.

I don't begrudge the gun. It just wasn't the most comfortable shooting in MY hand.

Sometimes I still think I should rent one and see if I can get used to it, because I like the feel of it when I'm holding it.

9. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

We have both a Kahr CW9 and CW40.
    Not a bad pistol but you have to run 200 rounds thru them to have a good smooth action.
    Instruction book that came with them states this also.

Wife likes the 9 as it's light and easy to carry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

Sort of like a slimmer glock with a smooth revolver type trigger and reset or like a sig p250. Not my favorite but I do enjoy shooting a buddy's when when go to the range together. I think his is a cm9. I almost got a cw45 a couple of times when they were in the $360 range but I passed and picked other guns. While I like the trigger it is totally different than all my other semi autos and that is why I passed, I think

Never enough guns or ammo

11. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Anyone that expects a cm or cw pistol to be comfortable to shoot is crassssy. They don't weight enough to be fun but are a fine defence pistol . You just don't have to enjoy it. Or buy a size larger. Getsome old used 1.75"inner tub to cut for the grip to aid with control and shoot a box of ammo or two and go home. Don't shot any more than you can shoot well. Want a fun gun ?? buy something full sized and heavy.

JJ if you shoot a few hundred rounds over a couple trip sto the range you learn the trigger pull and can find your starting to pulling on the trigger before the sights settle back on the target and at that point you should have a short pull to finish to fire again. Worse thing you can do is take several other handguns with any new type trigger pull. Got to learn it first.

12. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I carry a Kahr PM9 daily. It's a very high quality gun. Kahr builds guns primarily for concealed carry. They are some of the best for that purpose. Are they fun at the range... not exactly.

13. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

No pocket pistol is fun. Shooting a "full" size P45 used to put a smile on my long face.

14. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

I think the fun part is the challenge of getting good groups with pocket pistols. If you can shoot tight groups with a pocket pistol, you the man lol

Never enough guns or ammo

15. mopowerbmx

mopowerbmx New Member

I have a little cw380 and this is at 7 paces or about 9 yards. The recoil is just fine. But I shoot .40 cal with no problems. The 200 break in period is to make sure it feeds well. The 380 had a tight RSA I left it racked open for a day or two the racked the slide about 100 times and I haven't had any problems. But the cw380 doesn't like being sling shot to rack the first bullet. You need to rack the gun and use the slide release. Do that and you have no FTF. . ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1397421183.730805.jpg

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  16. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

Blackhawk CQC pancake 3 slot holster and the top slot gives a nice forward cant to the pistol.

It was a Christmas gift from Mrs 3T.
    Works for both my 40 cal and 9mm CW's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Geosully

Geosully New Member

Kahr K9 all black stainless, my edc. It is a real pistol, accurate and simple to operate, quick on target. Love them.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014