Kahr pm9 vs cm9

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by jaketheog, Mar 26, 2014.

1. jaketheog

jaketheog New Member

My main concern is long term durability as this will be my go to cc. Want to know if the pm9 is worth the extra $. Would love to hear anything else from your experience with either of the guns. Thanks!

Sent from my XT1032 using Firearms Talk mobile app

2. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I carry a PM9 every day. I bought two years ago after looking over several options including the CM9. Is the PM9 that much "better" than the CM9? Probably not. Then why did I buy it? Because I had the money.

If budget is a primary concern, buy the CM9 and be happy with your choice.

3. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have a CM-9. I have carried it many times. The only issue I have ever had is a Failure to Feed on the first round when putting a mag in and racking the slide. It has happened a few times. I have seen it happen to someone in a competition. I have gone back to carrying my S&W J Frame revolver.

4. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

I have kahrs on both ends of the price range and find no practical difference in reliable function. Both work very well. Your not buying a cm or pm series to be a range gun but many guys have many thousands of rounds fired. I have a couple thousand thru each all trouble free.

5. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

If cost is much of a factor, advantage CM9. It's what I'd choose if I were buying a Kahr.

I've been pretty impressed with most Kahrs, aside from the CW-series. It just seemed a little on the cheap side and the long, mushy trigger drove me nuts. But I know a good shooter who happens to like his CW9...so YMMV.

6. RUT

RUT New Member Supporter

Neither one is the type of gun anyone "wears out", so I wouldn't worry about it.