Kahr Firearms to make a move out of New York.

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by Axxe55, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

just saw this today on Yahoo and thought i would share it. seems as one gun manufacterer isn't going to stay in a state that is looking to infringe on LAC's rights to own firearms.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

There is this little piece of property in the Florida Panhandle......

I think they would be welcomed here.

3. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

Excellent, now if we could just get Remington and all the other gun manufacturers to follow.

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Customer supply and demand has a lot to do with influencing a manufacturer.

Refuse to purchase those firearms made or marketed in NY or IL.

(yep, that is Springfield Armory and Kimber included.)

5. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

They are a little late, but at least they are doing it. Once NY fully has their hands out of their profits, I might have to look at Kahrs more closely.

6. vincent

vincent New Member

I don't know what the deal is with the NY facility but Kahr's main offices are in Ma.

Until they vacate that state, they'll never see a dime from me...

Too bad, they make some pretty spiffy firearms with some pretty good reviews...

7. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

The most baffling thing is how many gun manufacturers are still located in gun unfriendly states. I know a lot of those companies are old and moving manufacturing is ungodly expensive, but the writing has been on the wall for awhile.

Politically, those same states don't look to change anytime soon and I fully expect them to eventually start targetting those manufacturers in the form of extra fines or taxes. Basically make it as uncomfortable to do business in those states as possible.

8. vincent

vincent New Member

I've pondered the same thing and here's what I came up with...

1-Those states weren't always so rabidly anti-rights states. You can trace the beginnings of firearm manufacturing in this country to almost exclusively the Northeastern area...

2-Material acquisition- Being originally form the Northeast, I can tell you there are TONS of quarries and foundries in that area. My thought is that they set up shop in a place where raw materials didn't need to be shipped in.

3-Simple population density-Makes good business sense to set up in an area with a metric azz ton of people for a customer base...

4-Your point about costing an arm and a leg to move a facility. It's a business and the greenbacks call the shots...:cool:

9. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

they are located in Worcester MA, I live in a town right next to Worcester.

10. RJMercer

RJMercer New Member

All of us as gun owners need to start looking at the barrel or the receiver stamp whenever we buy a new gun. If it has a stamp from any state in the NE or far left coast state then it needs to stay on the shelf.
    If they want to move to PA, that's great. But I for one won't buy anything that has any ties to any NE state.

11. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

Up here we have Windham Weaponry and are a gun friendly state. Why does Maine and New Hampshire get lumped with all of the NE as anti gun?

12. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

This will be considered a victory by the left wing. A small non-union handgun company will be a trophy for the Democrats. However, the big Union manufacturing co. Remington Arms is staying. Obama moved to give Remington Arms a mega-million military contract. This was to protect the Democratic labor unions at Remington. That big "Shadow" you see in the east is Remingtom. Yes, it is Remington giving civilian gun buyers the big finger.:eek:

13. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

Vermont is really really pro-gun too.

14. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

I'm not big on boycotts and I'm not going to call for one. However, I recently passed on a purchase for a Remington 870 and their 1911 clone simply because I feel like they did give us a big middle finger.

It's not just that they're staying in NY despite NY basically telling the rest of the country that firearms are bad, but then to turn around and take a military contract just feels...wrong.

Sure, it's just business, I get that. However, they have made it clear to me who they consider their most important customer. Good for them. Plenty of others to choose from.

15. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

I agree Boycotting seldom works. That is why Remington is making a big mistake. Remington decided to Boycott American gun buyers and remain in New York and receive tax dollars from Obama. :(

16. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Boycotting doesn't work, sure. But what is just giving them more of our money going to do?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  17. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

That's why they are not getting any more of mine. I'm not boycotting them, I'm just taking my business elsewhere since they've made it clear I am not a priority market for them.

18. vincent

vincent New Member

I'm sorry to hear that...:p

19. vincent

vincent New Member

I appreciate your loyalty but that's kind of like cutting off your nose to spite your face...

Sturm Ruger-NH...(gun friendly but Northeast nonetheless)

Kahr, Springfield, Smith and Wesson, Savage-MA

Colt, Mossberg-CT

Remington-NY

Henry-NJ

I'm sure there's more than that but that's all I could come up with without looking it up...

Really limits your choices IMHO...:cool:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013