Kahr 45cw and glock 36

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by mackrazy, Apr 30, 2012.

1. mackrazy

mackrazy New Member

Just wanted to see what yall's opinions are on both.

2. G30USMC

G30USMC Active Member Supporter

I prefer the Glock 30SF, it is my EDC :)

3. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Mine is a G23 but, soon will be the 30sf; once i get a holster.

4. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Ok, to answer the question, i dont know alot about Kahr but i hear they are great pistols. I am biased towards Glock so you know my answer but study both before purchasing. Keep in mind, Karhs cost probably 100 bucks more than Glocks; at least where i live.

5. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I almost bought a CW45 a few months ago. Handling it, it felt great. And the gun is priced right ($375 give or take).

But I've since fired a CW9, which I can only assume is quite similar to the CW45. All indications to me were that it's a good and reliable firearm, but it does have a lousy trigger. Long and extremely mushy pull. It left me constantly wondering when the heck it would ever go ahead and fire.

While I don't love Glock's triggers, they do fire crisply enough. That would be my preference. The XDs45 (which I'm currently waiting on) is another option. YMMV.

6. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Most places a G30 will run $500-600, while a CW45 will be a little closer to $360-400. The CW is Kahr's budget line. The PM9/45 would be more in the $600-750 range.

7. mackrazy

mackrazy New Member

Sounds good thank for all the advice guys . Nothing against glock at all just not a due hard like a lot of people these days. I think I'm gonna go for the kahr I'll keep y'all updated .. Thanks

8. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

go with the glock

9. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Ok my mistake, i must been lookin at the pm45 then.

10. fetep

fetep New Member

I owned the Glock 36, it's a great CCW gun, if you plan on shooting it allot look into some sort of grip extension, it's a pinky biter! It's also seven rounds of fury;-). Great little gun!

Fetep

11. RNstanger

RNstanger New Member

Love the 36. Never shot the Kahr.

12. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I have a G36 and it is a good gun. 27 oz loaded with 6+1 230 grain. It has eaten everything except for one bad primer. The trigger on mine is very good. I have not shot a Kahr. The Kahr triggers I have tried have been long but smooth. They appear to be be excellent guns. You probably would not go wrong with either choice. It is more a question of which trigger you prefer and the difference in cost. Personally I dont like the long triggers on a semi. The feel is different on a revolver. If you are not happy with the long trigger pull dont get the Kahr even if it is cheaper.