Firearms Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Again Fellas, here's another abomination of mine, I have a few :cool:.

I've never seen a Parka Para in person, but I did locate a green K-Sport branded stock less the HG. I took one of my wood Kengs Hunters and quasi cloned a Parka Para, minus the park. I had a black Ramline HG to mount, so at least the furniture is correct, if mismatched. Although, with a black sling, recoil pad, and HG, the contrast looks pretty cool. It's all matching numbers including the original furniture. I'm going to add a Williams Fire Sight. I think the over all profile is cleaner than the original Parka Paras. Here's a teaser pict. PAX

Reactions: W.T. Sherman

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks WT,

The action IS actually a K-Sport marked Para Hunter. On the non-pictured side is the "Rail-To-Nowhere", or was until I removed it and capped the holes. The stock was a take-off from an original Parka Para (???), and says "K-Sport" on the wrist medallion & recoil pad. PAX

Reactions: towboater

·
Banned
1,796 Posts
Thanks WT,

The action IS actually a K-Sport marked Para Hunter. On the non-pictured side is the "Rail-To-Nowhere", or was until I removed it and capped the holes.
I bought a NAVY ARMS para more then a couple of decades ago, that had the "rail nowhere". that is until I found the scope and mount for it a couple years later on a "junk table" at the gun show. dealer didn't know where it went to, but I did ;). so I picked up for 10 bucks, from 20bucks that he wanted it for :D

you maybe unware but they sell those kind of rails with the mount for the SKS,

https://www.accumounts.com/sks.html

so you can install one if you wish, to what it was before. thing is drilling a taping a scope mount on the receiver is the best way to mount a scope on a SKS, it will always be rock steady and you never have to re-zero the scope every time you disassemble it .

the cover scope mounts are pure garbage, they never will hold a zero. I never once had to re-zero the scope on NA SKS since I zeroed it. still shoots where I place the cross hairs on.:D

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought a NAVY ARMS para more then a couple of decades ago, that had the "rail nowhere":D
https://www.accumounts.com/sks.html

Almost but not quite. The Navy Arms rail that you have, will accept any variation of the T89 mount you have pictured. I HAD that exact mount set up on this rifle, in a Choate Drag.

The Nowhere rail, which is about 1/3 longer, has no known mount available, so I modified the base to fit the T89 mount. PAX

1 - 5 of 5 Posts