Just won a firearm that is NY Sage act qual, how do I trick it out?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by WebleyFosbery38, Dec 10, 2013.

1. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

So I won a new rifle last week in a drawing. Luckily, its NY Safe Act Qualified but its a bit plain and plastic at the moment, I like wood and steel. Ive been jealous of most of you here with your "so cool builds" so now Ive got one and I need some help from you to trick it out without it becoming an "Ass Weapon", I would like to keep this one if I can!

I want some nice optics, get rid of the plastic parts and maybe put a bayonet lug on it (In NY, it takes 2 military features make it an assault weapon, not just 1)

So heres the dilemma, The Rifle I won was a Red Rider! Its stock and they have really cheapened them down since I got my first one in 1968. What should I do????:confused::rolleyes::D

Attached Files:

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

When your home defense situation happens, swing it at the attacker. Lol

3. WebleyFosbery38

Do a Joe Bite me with a BB gun, Ha, prolly a bad idea! I did forgot to mention the Red Rider has Many friends in the rack beside it, big friends with a mean bite, no tricked out stuff, the animals they killed never complained about that as I cooked them up, yumm!

4. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

The image is a little blurry ('cause I don't want to give away any trade secrets) but I'd go with this:

Attached Files:

5. seancslaughter

seancslaughter New Member

Yes I agree with the duct taping of a swiss army knife to the front also add a $400 streamlight(added benefit you can use the same duct tape to attach it). Also I would put a collapsible m4 type stock on it.

6. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Damn "Little Beaver" that is the SOB that put a plastic stock on my BB guns. :eek:

Attached Files:

7. WebleyFosbery38

I like it but I count 3 military features, 4 if you used 100MPH Tape instead of civilian Duct tape. Thats gonna invalidate it in NY for sure. And that hi cap clippy thing is a dead giveaway that its really dangerous!

Im checking to see if they make safe BB's, the ones I used as a kid werent all that safe, I swallowed one once and shot the dog taking a leak, sure glad I didnt break the porcelain, Mom would have been mad!

I will say, this is a wood stock and forearm but a plastic receiver group. Anyone got any black market sear pins for this, I wanna go fully automatic!

8. seancslaughter

seancslaughter New Member

Actually I only count two on that picture which is the bayonet and detachable magazine it should still be ny compliant now if you added a pistol grip your screwed

9. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

That is OK I have some very reliable information, these politicians are going to be sorry. St. Peter is a Life Member of the NRA and is an avid 3 gun competitor. :eek: