Just when it was starting to get better

Discussion in 'In Stock' started by cecasejr, May 4, 2013.

1. cecasejr

cecasejr New Member

2. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Alex Jones is a carnival barker but I think that the President is starting to realize he himself is a lame duck w/nothing but a gun control agenda. He can't raise taxes. The Sequestration he orchestrated to undermine the military backfired as he tried to punish us with it and Congress fought back plus the jobs report went up a point and was supposed to go down due to the limited government spending -- lol. Harry Reid just publicly proclaimed Obamacare a train wreck (unless we spend unlimited money on it). The Boston terrorists were aliens getting $100k in welfare and Obama tried to blame THAT on sequestration too...

He needs to control the people and it isn't all falling into place as quickly as the sheep should be letting it. Mao taught his "strapping young marxist" power comes from the muzzle of a gun -- now he needs ammo for them all. What's gonna happen when the 20% of Americans on foodstamps suddenly lose them? They will be yanked. When the 40% unemplyed African American yutes become 51% and global warming settles into Watts again? When the rest of America realizes he sent 12 Million jobs overseas permanently in 4 years, spent 4 hours in meetings on the economy in the first four months of 2013 but he wants to legalize up to 24 million illegal immigrants, and will sue Arizona for arresting criminals before he'll close the border? Will he joke about getting high and having the munchies again like he did last week!?

No, they can't buy enough ammunition...

Last edited: May 4, 2013

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

please some reliable sources for you figure please Hock. where do you come up with these numbers? please cite some credible sources if you are going to post such things. starting to sound like a huge conspiracy theorist.

4. nixfix

nixfix New Member

2 million rounds won't affect civilian supply, particularly as the type of ammunition requested is very specialized. Frangible and non-frangible, reduced hazard ammunition is expensive to start with and I, for one, would not consider buying it anyway.

5. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

Infowars is not a trusted news source.

6. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Alex Jones website has a write up; however, if you read the site, it also had the link to Fed Biz Ops.

Looks like they're looking at procurement of training ammo.

I look at the document, did see an amount figure in question.

REDUCED HAZARD TRAINING AMMUNITION (RHTA)
    Solicitation Number: HSFLGL-RFI-00056
    Agency: Department of Homeland Security
    Office: Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC)

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportu...&id=bfd4278417a546cf45ee194e54fab5b5&_cview=0

General: FLETC has a requirement for RHTA training ammunition of multiple calibers strictly for law enforcement officer (LEO) training purposes at multiple training sites in the United States. Types of RHTA needed are:
    CALIBER TYPE; Acceptable Bullet Weight Range
    9MM Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 90 -105
    10MM Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 100-135
    .357 SIG Caliber Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 100-115
    .38 SPL Caliber Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 110-
    .380 Auto Caliber Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 70-75
    .40 S&W Caliber Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 100-135
    .45 Auto Caliber Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 155-
    .223 REM aliber Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 50-55
    .308 WIN Caliber Jacketed, Reduced Hazard; 165-168
    12 Gauge Steel Shot Target Load, Reduced Hazard; #7
    12 Gauge #00 Buckshot Full Recoil, Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 8 PELLET
    12 Gauge #00 Buckshot Reduced Recoil, Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 8 PELLET
    12 Gauge #00 Buckshot Full Recoil, Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 9 PELLET
    12 Gauge #00 Buckshot Reduced Recoil, Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 9 PELLET
    12 Gauge Rifled Slug Full Recoil, Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 1 OZ
    12 Gauge Rifled Slug Reduced Recoil, Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 1 OZ
    12 Gauge #4 Buckshot Full Recoil, Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 27 PELLET
    12 GAUGE #4 Buckshot Reduced Recoil, Reduced Hazard; 27 PELLET

Reloaded ammunition is unacceptable. Ammunition offered must perform in all brands of law enforcement weapons without requiring alterations or damaging such weapons

7. cecasejr

cecasejr New Member

I, for one believe the government is in fact buying in massive quantity in order to keep it from the populace. The idiot in chief is pouting because his anti gun bill didn't pass. I wouldn't doubt if government employees were also buying it online as well, aiding their big government agencies.

Some folks need to get their heads out of the sand and realize we now have an oppressive government that is actively trying to dismantle the Constitution, starting with the 2nd Amendment.

8. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I would not call it buying; more of reserve it, which in-turn puts a hold on the ammunition. We the populace, LE, State Police and Sheriffs can not get it.

9. BadBob

BadBob New Member

Exactly; whether they need it or not their orders are binding up the manufacturers for sure... purposely I believe. As for the post mentioning conspiracy theorists as if a suspicious mind makes one a nut-job; uh, I think it's way beyond that by now.

Anyone who can't see that there is political conspiracy afoot, well then, what exactly will it take to convince the majority that we and our country is in trouble? The sound of automatic gunfire in your neighborhood, and masses of dead bodies of innocents on the streets? Yeah, I'm a conspiracy theorist, you should be too.

"If a man has an ear, let him hear."

10. Class3inGA

Class3inGA New Member

I think this is more of a survey to see who has capacity left. They are checking their progress on crippling the market to see who is left that can produce any volume. We received this RFQ as well and it is a real RFQ.

11. nixfix

nixfix New Member

Except it's an RFI, not an RFQ. Also, the previous contract DHS awarded is an IDIQ with CLINs ranging from .40 S&W to .308 over a 5 year POP.

As fun as conspiracy theories are, this one ain't.

12. Class3inGA

Class3inGA New Member

Yes, you are right. I stand corrected. Waiting for the other shoe to drop. Brass, powder, primers and projectiles leaves a lot supply line targets. I understand Eric Holder was just placed in charge of brass importation in to the US. I think it is going to get a lot worse before it ever gets close to getting better. Ammo is becoming more of an investment than a consumable.

13. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

Now Look Who's Whining at ERIC & Co.!

From BBC news 05/13/2013:

The Associated Press has described the US government's secret seizure of its journalists' telephone records as a "massive and unprecedented intrusion". ...:D

14. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

they way this IRS thing is unfolding along with the unprecedented seizure of associated press phone records sure makes what would otherwise seem conspiracy like a lot more believable, and believable that it is a plan or being done with intent.

15. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

1984?

Always thought the book/movie 1984 was really far fetched - but not anymore. :eek:

16. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

That might make sense if they also banned ammo imports. But as you can see bellow that's not the case so the hole ammo conspiracy thing is rubbish in my opinion. As for the ammo panic buying it was more to do with the ammo shortages than some government conspiracy.

17. BadBob

BadBob New Member

Obviously you could be added to the list of those who aren't convinced. Noted. Thank you for sharing your opinion.

18. nixfix

nixfix New Member

There is a forum for this tinfoil hat stuff: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f165/

That way you won't have to deal with us rational people. ;)

19. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Something is definitely afoul. I get the same feeling a fowl at a livestock gets upon hearing the sharpening of knives. I'm afraid a scent of blood is detected in the wind.

20. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

The commie gov't is getting desperate to complete their agenda before 2017, and have run into some serious setbacks lately. But this guy in the article is a snake-oil salesman. He'll run his mouth trying to scare everybody into thinking that all is lost, then he'll be happy to sell us all his "magic" solution. But so far as ammo is concerned, it is more justifiable now than ever before to "roll your own". You can save a bundle of money if you are willing to invest some of your grabassing time in reloading.