Just to make sure things are fair and balanced here.

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by gorknoids, Sep 25, 2009.

1. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

I stopped by the range today and shot like Stevie Wonder. I had so many flyers that I could have started a damned airline. The broad sides of barns everywhere are going to sleep a little bit better tonight.
    Thanks for listening. This has been cathartic.

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

LOL - A Range Report that features a bad day at the Range?? That is a new one around these parts, but not a new one in my house.

Way to come clean about the facts Gork. :p

JD

3. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

It was frigging embarrassing. Fortunately there were only 3 other people shooting. Of course, that meant that everyone got to hear me mutter "What the f*ck?" several times.

4. junho806

junho806 New Member

hahaha way to be straight up with us :rolleyes:
    just one of those days at the range huh?
    i think of it this way: get rid of bad shots at the range so when your shots count...they count
    :p
    bet your next range day will be awesome...
    :D

5. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

For me, range reports are like batting practice. Since I used to spend more time with a bat in hand than a firearm. Hence, those days I write off to the 'sun glare' or bad pitches. :eek:

It is nice to hear that I'm not the only one...or twenty. :)

Better days and better shooting, my friend. :cool:

6. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Dude, you back now? I hope! :D

7. junho806

junho806 New Member

haha i'll be logging on during classes when i'm bored (so you'll see me alot haha)
    but i guess you can say that i am
    :D
    thanks for noticing haha
    :p

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I think everybody has a bad day at the range, at least I know I do. It's the yin and the yang. Ever have a range day when you just couldn't miss? :cool:

9. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Keepin' it real yo.

10. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

I should have taken pics of my shooting with the Judge, I even hit the metal clamps that hold the target. :(

We all have bad days. Whenever I notice I'm having one, I just pack my guns and go watch a movie or something.

11. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Been there, done that, many, many times....lol.

If someone says they always hit the center of the target, they are lying.

Of course, any day at the range is a good day, right (no such thing as bad trigger time)? :)

12. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Then maybe you should change your sig line from "I Don't Miss" to " I Sometimes Do"....:rolleyes:

13. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Like shooting the eyes out of the hostage @45' with your last 2 shots on the abduction target? Yup.

14. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

I check the basics. I concentrate on not concentrating. I force myself to not force anything, and that just makes things worse. My other two loves are darts and golf, so believe me, I have seen the entire spectrum of Yin and Yang. When I'm shooting well, there really isn't a conscious checklist, but an inner voice saying "Now" when the round is going to hit where I want it to. "In the zone" and whatnot.

15. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

You aren't alone my friend. I FINALLY got out to our land to shoot a little bit. The wife goes with me but wouldn't you know yellow jackets everywhere...she is deathly afraid of anything that stings so she wouldn't even shoot. I shot a little bit at 10 yards and my groups looked like dinner plates! I guess that's what happens when you have only shot once in the past 3 months, I feel like a cop.

16. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Had one of those days yesterday. Ruger Mk III at 50 yrds- a 10 rd group that you could cover with the lid of a 30 gallon trash can. One of my sweet old Mossbergs that decided it was time to play "failure to eject". We have had rain for last 3 days, so target backers were wet, targets kept pulling off.

OTOH, it was a beautiful, sunny afternoon- nice breeze, not too hot. Spent a little time coaching a gent on his first civilian AR- sight adjustments are a touch different from the M-16 he learned on. Got to see a BEAUTIFUL Siamese Mauser, reworked into 45-70, Shilen barrel, thumbhole stocked in tiger striped maple. Sounds weird, drop dead beautiful gun. Had a chance to sit and shoot der scheiss mit mein 80 yr old gunsmith- who had been out for a rifle match in the morning- and also had a lousy score. Said his problem was, he could not blame his rifle- he built it!

IF I has been in combat yesterday, and called for an airstrike, it would have hit me. But it was still a great day at the range.

17. PA_Shooter

PA_Shooter New Member

Ditto here! I built a frame target stand when I first started shooting and completely ruined it the first time out, hitting everything but the target itself. I brought home a pile of wood shards. I think some others might say this is like golf.

18. utf59

utf59 New Member

Miss? Every round I ever fired hit SOMEthing. I might not always know exactly what... :D

19. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

That's funny, but not funny at the same time. Every round does hit something...

20. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

PA, is that a Kel-Tec P-32 in your av?