just the bear facts

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by JonM, Mar 27, 2014.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

Taken from https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=108 click to read the whole thing, its worth while

2. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

Orangello should have a nice response to that. I eagerly await his comments.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Are you kidding? I think 'Gello WROTE that!

4. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I agree 100% that an aggressive bear should be put down. Some American Indians saw the bear as a god. None the less, if a bear attacked an Indian the bear was killed. Yes, the Indians felt great sorrow for the bear but taking his life was necessary. Why should we see the killing of a bear any differently?

5. WonderingMind

WonderingMind New Member

I am reminded of a Heinlein quote about the environmentalists of his day that is kinda apropos to the discussion at hand:

6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

when you are in areas that have bears, you have moved a few steps down the food chain. most species of bears have no natural predators.

unless your name is Grizzly Adams, best to stick to a stuffed teddy bear if you want one for a pet!:D

7. JW357

JW357 New Member

Why stop at bears?

Bears are capable of great violence, I agree. I would also argue this is mostly instinctual.

Some humans, on the other hand, CHOOSE to do evil. They should also be "put down."

8. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

'Gello couldn't have written that. It said in the article that if the bear showed no aggression and walked off, he'd let it walk off. 'Gello would never do that. ALL bears would be shot if it were 'Gello.

9. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Unfortunately a lot of PETA hardcore have infiltrated the fish and game departments. Others have become "advisers" to politicians and lobbyists. It is a stealth attack. I am in agreement with the original post. A wild or even domestic animal should be put down if it threatens humans. This is not to say we should go out and deliberately provoke them.