Just Scored Hello Kitty Pink AR Furniture

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by AR10, Jan 31, 2013.

1. AR10

AR10 New Member

I purchased a Colt AR .22 at schields two weeks ago. Once in a while, they get in something used, and I was one of the first to see a this Colt with two 30 round mags. Everything as new. Not a blemish on it. $450

Not needing another firearm, I remained strong, and told my wife, I purchased her a gun! Lol. One way not to get yelled at!

This is my (our:) fifth AR, and I felt the need, once I got it home, to get some furniture kits for some of them, break up the black monotony a little. More money out the door.

On Amazon, I purchased dark earth furniture (why call something light tan, dark earth, little like naming an iceberg Greenland) for a flat top, and I have been looking for pink for hers.

Today, on Amazon, someone listed a set, pink as pink gets, for $99. I added a pink magazine guard for another $17.

Clicked buy, and the pink furniture is on the way.

Hope she lets me shoot it. It should look like an Elvis Cadillac!

I had done her Colt lettering in white fingernail polish, but looks like I will be doing that over in pink.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

jonM is going to be sooooo jealous :p

3. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Very true :p

4. AR10

AR10 New Member

Amazon listed just one, but after my purchase, it still lists one available.

5. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

That's pretty cool. If my backordered lowers ever come in, I might have to build my wife something like that. Maybe Pink Camo.

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I am, too, but it's funnier that Jon is. LOL I like Pink but I hate the "Hello Kitty" logo. Good thing it's not on there.

But it bothers me a little that the pink magazine guard is a different pink than the rest, :cool:

7. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

My wife has the S&WMP15-22 in the pink tiger stripe camo. There was a pink moly coated AR at my range a few weeks pack with the pink Magpul stuff on it. It was a consignment gun. They let me take her on the range to test fire it. I was about to buy it. She shot 4 rounds and said no, to much kick :rolleyes:

PSA has those pink magpul kits for $149 I think. I saw them when I was in the Columbia store last week.

So she got this instead and loves it:
    [​IMG]

8. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Yeah- thats what bothers me too :rolleyes: :p

9. AR10

AR10 New Member

The pics look like there are about three colors of pink. Will wait and see how they look.

My dark earth furniture all has different hues of tan. Hard to get everything all perfect in life. lol

10. AR10

AR10 New Member

$250 on gunbroker.com Too rich for my blood. Listing them as collectors, and limited run. Not listed as ever made on the MagPul web site, that I could see.

Nice looking kit, all seems to match well.

[​IMG]

11. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I love my Colt M4 .22LR and expect you'll like yours as well. They don't get much love on the internet compared to the M&P15-22 but it's a real good shooter. Mine loves Federal and Winchester valuepack.

Hopefully the new furniture will fit properly. You may need to do some minor mods to get it right.

12. AR10

AR10 New Member

The rifle is stamped Colt, but the buffer tube is small, no way mil spec. If the kit I ordered is Commercial, did not say, I will be fine. If it is Mil Spec, I will need to switch out the buffer tube, more than likely. That gets into disassembly of the rifle, not anything like disassembly of a .223 or 5.56. In fact, it voids the warranty.

We will see how it goes. I may send it back, if it is Mil spec, and keep looking. May paint spare parts I already have, to get it done the way I want.

My wife loves how light it is. Do not want to add any weight to the riffle, so I will not be adding any additional accessories like scopes, lasers, lights. Keeping it bare pink. Pink mag would be nice. Doubt anyone will be making one of those.