Firearms Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tritium,

"glo something".
The stock sights were not that great I felt ( the rear sights were without white dots)
These are also available with plastic Novak sights instead.

But i have the Glock compatible ones and those were not as nice.
So I figured if I was gonna upgrade might as well get tritium's.

They cost me 74 USD.
There much more expensive sights available but since this is an economy gun it would have felt odd to buy sights that are half the cost of the firearm.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EDIT; Found the ones I got:

gun still shoots 2+ inches low at 10 yards.
But that was an issue with previous sights as well and has been an issue for me with most other handguns as well.

·
Premium Member
3,283 Posts
Ive got the tru glos on several poly80 builds. Have been good.
If it's shooting consistently low, what sight picture do you use? Some are regulated for the 6 o'clock, other the center. Also check different ammo.
Most modern handgun sights are also regulated for a specific range of ammo. So, 115 grain fmj at 15 yards for example. Gotta find the sweet spot.
FWIW

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I shoot low with either method.
I find myself having to completely cover the bullseye with the front sight post in order to hit bullseye.
On adjustable pistol sights that are vertically adjustable (which few are) I can fix it.

On the M&P its not as pronounced.
On my Revolver I painted a halfway up white line that works with 357 Mag.
The Ammo I use right now for training is 9mm Tula.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update:

I decided I am not happy with these sights.
I want the 2 dots sights on the rear.

While intellectually I realize the single rear dot method saved expensive tritium and will not throw off my aim in a meaningful way (and also the most important accuracy is the lateral accuracy for which this is fine) the rear single dot is gooffy and off putting.

Not recommended.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I shoot low with either method.
I find myself having to completely cover the bullseye with the front sight post in order to hit bullseye.
On adjustable pistol sights that are vertically adjustable (which few are) I can fix it.

On the M&P its not as pronounced.
On my Revolver I painted a halfway up white line that works with 357 Mag.
The Ammo I use right now for training is 9mm Tula.
I've been having the same issue with my recently bought G3. I have to aim at the 12 o'clock position on the bullseye target and it still shoots a bit below the BE.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like my Taurus G3c TORO model. Reviews I read before purchasing did remark about the sights, so that's why I p/u the TORO version & found a CT for under $85. My EDC is a M&P 2.0 in 9mm. Just read your comparison of the G3c & M&P 1.0. Everybody has an opinion. One may fit better in your hand than mine, positioning of mag release may be better for you than me, or vice versa. Can't understand why folks want to moan about the differences each person has regarding one over the other. I have had numerous firearms over the years and like each one for their particular attributes. Please keep posting your findings. Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
7 Posts
No ergonomic issues with my G3, XD-s or M&P except for sights. I'm 75 years old. I can shoot better with Light Pipe sights because I'm far sighted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts