Just out of curiosity.......

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Wiseman3, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

Am I the only one that preps the night before for a range day, or is this normal? ( I really hope others do. I don't want to admit that I'm this obsessed) ;)

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

All depends on what you mean by prep...if you mean packing up your range bag, loading up the ammo cans and making sure all your gear is squared away, that's pretty normal...at least to me. Now if you engage in some some of pre-range meditation ritual or finger strengthening exercise and spiritual chanting...that's a bit weird. :p

3. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

So running around the house diving behind the couch and shooting targets with a rubber suction cup dart gun while blaring "The Eye Of The Tiger" is going a bit far? :p

4. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Absolutely...the appropriate music is Kenny Loggins "Danger Zone."

5. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Hey...hope you don't mind an off topic question but I heard an Inga Blanks (ssp) filling in for Marl levin tonight. She is from the Fresno area I believe; ever heard of her? I thought she did a really good job...she knows her stuff and is very entertaining.

6. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

I shall make the appropriate corrections.

7. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

Yes, I listen to her every so often. She does do a great show. I've heard rumors of her getting a national show.

8. Gert999

Gert999 New Member

Nope i do the same thing get all my gear set and ready to go, don't wanna end up the range with only half your ammo (has happened to a friend) or your PPE (personal Protective Equipment). Plus you wanna make sure all your firearms are in proper working order. Plus it's one more reason to mess with em :D

9. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Gotta admit, I too check every firearm that I am taking to the range the night before, I pack my ammo and protective gear in the range bag.

I am burned out on the "Danger zone" theme song so I practice to Bullets in the gun by Toby Keith.;)

10. mdemotte

mdemotte New Member

Nope I do the same.. I even clean them again before I go. Nothing wrong with a little Nerf gun battle with the wife and kid the night before. Although I practice proper trigger technique they both spray and pray.. Which means I catch quite a few darts to the head. ;)

11. Garadex

Garadex New Member

I get it all ready the night before also. So your not crazy. My preferred song is The $OCIAL RIOT MACHINE$ by the GazettE.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  12. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

It's always easier to prep the night before. Your not rushed and you have time to actually look at what your doing. And you don't end up with 300 rounds of .40 S&W for your .45s. :rolleyes:

Preferred song? Drowning Pool-Let the bodies hit the floor. ;)

13. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Don't listen to all these others Wise, they a re just pulling your leg. Prepping the night before a range visit is totally weird ... I mean who does that? :rolleyes:

Seriously, nothing wrong with checking your arms and gear the night before. It sure beats getting to the range and realizing you forgot something :eek: .... like targets .... and have to drive all the way home after you have already unpacked everything .... no, I've never done that :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  14. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

What a crazy thing to ask. Yes one usually puts their kit together before going to the range. OMG -- it really can take a significant amount of time!

As for Inga Barks, she's no dog. But not really thin most of the time and that does her in becasue her thin face is breathtaking (see press photo below). As for her show, I've always found it kinda cutesy, shallow, and provincial. She is not at the level of a tooled-up nationally syndicated regular talk show host. Plus, her lawsuit of a prior co-worker/employer I believe may be an issue -- I dunno.

Attached Files:

15. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I check everything, load enough magazines that I won't have to bother loading magazines at the range, load everything in the truck except guns and ammo. In the AM, I load guns and ammo and I'm ready to roll.

That's also why I have a minimum of 15 magazines for each gun, and 25-30 for most of them.

16. JonM

JonM Moderator

i normally have everything packed the night before. normally i go on saturdays and i like to be there by 9am when the range goes hot for the day and still get a spot without having to wait. since i also like to sleep in i get everything ready before bed so all i gotta do is grab my guns annd range bag.

17. Texgunner

Texgunner New Member

That's my normal routine. In the morning I just grab my gear and go. Never really gave it a second thought.

18. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

Totally normal.. and also another excuse just to check everything

19. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

Totally normal in my eyes. Generally I start packing for the next range trip immediately after all the guns are cleaned from the session. I load all the magazines so I don't have to take the time to start shooting once I arrive. I go over all the gear too like PPE, targets, ammo any tools I may need for adjustments. I pick and choose what guns are going in what cases, but don't put those in till I'm loading the car to go. One
    Time I went got all setup and realized my mags were sitting on my work bench. Only once and won't happen again... Hopefully