Firearms Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used the profit from the sale of my Noveske, so I feel pretty good about it! I wasn't sure if I really wanted until I looked at one at a pawn shop, theirs was a real piece of crap though but the feel in my hand... done, went home and ordered immediately. I was a bit rude at the shop, made sure I said nice and loud, "are these supposed to rattle this much, kinda sounds like a bag of quarters. Can you give me any kind of guarantee that it's safe to shoot?". It really was that bad, I couldn't help it.

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Almost forgot, ordered P226 in 40 cal with Sig night sights for right around $850. Pictures and range report to come soon. Also, if anyone knows of a source for mags, which are good, etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My sig p226 40/357 cal came with 9mm mags. now i'm waiting on the right mags from them. i ordered mec gar 15 rounders from botach and they have performed flawlessly. It's hard to find magazines anywhere else. I just got confirmation of my third order. If you go through botach you will have to send them an email daily to make sure they stay on top of your order. I told sig customer service that I should be compensated with mec-gar magazines when they send the correct magazines for my time. other than that, all hail the sig.

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I finally got to shoot it and I must say, I need a bigger back strap! I don't know how to describe it correctly, I'm a righty and I kept loosing a good grip with my left. I was tempted to teacup it. I think this was causing me to shoot low and left. I switched back to the Glock 19 gen 3 and the "length" of the handle was much better.

Other than that, it shot great. Used Federal and Winchester White Box, no issues. The kick was surprisingly light, even firing back to back with my Glock 19.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts