Just Ordered a Mini-14 Tactical

Discussion in 'Mini-14 Forum' started by Marthor, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Marthor

Marthor New Member

2. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Cool rifle. Congrats.

3. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I bought that one and love it. Traded the stock out with an ATI folder.

Attached Files:

4. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

Got to LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the mini's congrats and we're expecting a range report.

5. fireguy

fireguy New Member

Hey Doc, how is the accuracy on your mini? I had an older one and sold it a few years ago. I couldn't get the second shot, or third to be anywhere near where I wanted it to be. Oh, and a couple months later I stumbled across how to accurize a mini, DOH! Should have thought of using the interwebz to research before I sold.

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations on the new Mini. I love mine and am on my third one. ;)

7. Marthor

Marthor New Member

Mine will arrive on this Friday and I plan on doing a review. In the meantime, here's a very interesting review of the Mini-14 tactical that is very, very enjoyable to watch, by "nutnfancy"...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycagSJTvaJs]‪Ruger Mini-14 Tactical: "Arrival of the Underdog" by Nutnfancy‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

8. Rarity

Rarity New Member

Congrats on the new Ruger. I have the same exact tactical model on layaway. I can't wait to pick mine up when I get settled in...

Would love to see a range report!

9. wiley_32

wiley_32 New Member

congrats on new mini!! I just received mine(mini 14 tactical) yesterday and will take out to the range tomorrow. By the way thats a pretty good price for the mini but i found mine online at BudsGunShop.com for $668+$7 of insurance w/ free insurance... I strongly recommend them for their low prices and professional service.

10. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Its fairly accurate right out of the box.

11. rodent.22

rodent.22 New Member

congrats!!!! A REALLY fun arm!!!

12. Marthor

Marthor New Member

I finally got to the range to sight it in!
    Very fun to shoot. The Mini-14 is my new "go to" rifle.

[​IMG]

13. fmj

fmj Active Member

Nice Piece! would like to hear about its accuracy. Have often thought of getting one...but have decided i think the Mini 30 is more for me.

14. Marthor

Marthor New Member

With iron sights, I hit a 8.5x11 paper target over and over no problem at 100 yards. That's the farthest out they had at the shooting range. I think it's capable of more if I used a scope on it. I do the same with iron sights on an AR-15 so I think the accuracy is same as my AR-15.

My long-range rifle is a Remington 700 w/scope. I can hit a golf ball at 100 yards with that.

15. fmj

fmj Active Member

Right! Sounds good...my old, worn out eyes have trouble even SEEING a standard piece of notebook paper @ 100...i am forced to scope EVERYTHING if i am going to be shooting beyond 25-30!