Just never know....

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Glock4Epton, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Glock4Epton

Glock4Epton New Member

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

sounds like a few teacher union types were waiting for him

3. Glock4Epton

Glock4Epton New Member

I know that him being armed would probably have not resulted in a different outcome, just a matter of being extra careful when you get an unannounced visitor...

4. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

Earlier this week I heard my doorbell ring. I checked through the peephole and saw a scruffy looking guy outside. By the time I went into my room to pick up my pistol (there had been break-ins in my area), I came back to see that f*ckers face looking through the glass on the door. That bottom of that glass is 6' from the floor so you have to step up on the ledge and look through. It wasn't an innocent action. When I confronted him he mumbled some crap about trimming trees and then took off.

These f*ckers will go door to door with a pickup truck and pretend to be offering some sort of yard service. What they are in fact doing is checking if anyone is home.

Now I don't care much about things. I won't ever take a life if my property is in danger... but the moment I feel that my family's safety is at stake I will shoot.

People ask why I've recently gotten back into shooting. It's because of crap like this.

5. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Well said.

Most places, defense of property is not a self-defense situation. Now, if a burglar enters your home, you must believe that you and your family is in danger. Burglars don't knock and then say I am gonna come in and steal your valuables without harming you.

I would have possibly called the police (not 911) to report what happened. I would have said that some vagrant rang the bell and then was "casing" the place. Just the presence of a squad car rolling through the neighborhood will possibly chase off the bad guys. If the guy was legit, then he would not be chased off.

6. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

You should have invited him inside. Told him you wanted to show him your human skin lampshade collection.

7. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

The spider waits quietly for the fly......

Attached Files:

8. kyleytxrialover

kyleytxrialover New Member

i never answer my door in the open i have a entertainment cntr between my bedroom and door. If any one knocks i look out the window then cover, and ask who it is.
    All my friends know we go to bed early.