Just joined - need help

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by Ruger44, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Ruger44

Ruger44 New Member

Just joined today and went to post a new thread in politics forum, but it wouldn't let me post. It said I was being prevented by the moderator? Went to see if I had to go to my e mail and click on semething there, there was nothing from admin. Help anyone?

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Certain sections are closed off to brand new members. Once you have been here for a little bit and achieve a level of respectable and intelligent posts, it will automatically allow you to have access.

I believe the number of posts is currently set at 25 or 30.

JD

3. Ruger44

Ruger44 New Member

OK, thanks for the info. I see for a few bucks I can become a supporting member. When I rustle up some extra cash I'll contribute. I know you folks here would put it to good use. Thanks again!

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Supporting Membership does have it's privileges. :)

5. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Ruger44, the mod has spoken. I will elaborate a bit...

This site being what it is attracts people who are pro 2A and anti 2A. By limiting the access to a certain number of posts and/or length of time being a member here, the Admin has been successful in cutting back on the number of trolls (random folks who join and post crap in hopes of getting the membership riled). Before the limit, we used to get several people who would join and make inflamitory posts trying to solidify their skewed perception of gun owners and 2A supporters.

Stick around (from what I've seen you will fit in nicely) and eventually your posts to those sections will be allowed. It is what it is, and you can thank the lefties for the limit. :D

6. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

^^Understatement of the year! :p :D

7. Seven

Seven New Member

If you don't mind my asking, is there a link to what sections noobs are allowed to post in? I've tried posting in the AR15 thread and the Clubhouse with the "mod has to approve" notice. I don't want to look like a dolt the next time a mod checks those and sees 45 posts by me waiting approval.

:D

Thanks

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Until you are past about 20 or 30 posts, anytime you try to post with links to an outside site, or post pictures, it needs to be approved by a mod to make sure you aren't posting spam or pr0n.

Unfortunate by product of the Interwebz these days I am afraid. :eek:

JD