Just inherited this;

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by kaikalino, Aug 18, 2012.

1. kaikalino

kaikalino New Member

I'm looking forward to firing this.
    My other firearm is a Glock G19.
    Can't wait to feel the recoil on this:)

Attached Files:

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Nice! Ruger Blackhawk. the recoil can be a bitch though!

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Is it a 357mag?

Recoil should be tempered by the barrel length. Very Nice.

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

not for sure about his. the one i shot many years ago was a 44 Magnum. i was about 18 or 19 at the time and it belonged to an older cousin. it dang near broke my wrist, but i was hooked on large caliber pistols!

5. kaikalino

kaikalino New Member

.45 so it might be a bitch:)

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Thanks for identifying this revolver for those of us who don't know what we're looking at. :cool:

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

.45 is no big deal for recoil. The issue most people have with recoil on single actions is caused by the spade shaped grip. It's designed to roll upward from recoil. It takes some getting used to that's all. Enjoy your new six shooter. ;)

8. mcb

mcb New Member

Recoil will not be bad. I have several Blackhawks. They are built like tanks.

9. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Recoil will be fine just don't hold it as tight as you would the glock. The SA revolvers tend to roll up in your hand with that grip. Enjoyable revolvers and makes a great hunting handgun too.

10. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

Two good things about .357 magnums and .44 magnums. And those are; .38 special and .44 special. :cool:

11. JimA

JimA New Member

If you reload the .45 Colt can be as mild or wild as you wish in a Blackhawk. It's my favorite hunting/plinking round.

12. MarkAD

MarkAD New Member

there are 3 good things #3 someone who collcts brass sacing and giving you thecases to reload.

13. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Just dont lock your wrist and stiff arm it. Relax and let it recoil. It will roll up and be controllable. If you stiff arm it, you will have it over your head.

14. R-BOLT

R-BOLT New Member

I shoot quite a few Blackhawks & Super Blackhawks, have never thought the recoil was an issue with .357/.44 mag/.45 Colt loads in the B.H.. Not a huge fan of the squared front edge of the trigger guard on the S.B.H.'s though, that edge seems to bite me a little with the larger loads. S.B.H.'s are a more attractive firearm.