Just had to send my P938 into Sig.

Discussion in 'SIG Sauer Forum' started by Brue182, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Brue182

Brue182 New Member

Got a P938 a little while ago to replace my P290 as my pocket gun / summer carry piece. Took it to the range last week and tried to feed it some 115 wwbox with multiple fail to extract issues. Multiple times while firing the gun would not extract the spent round and try to feed the next round into the gun. The only remedy would be to drop the mag and rack the slide to remove the spent casing. After a few of these the slide stop would also stick half way out and would need to be pushed back into place. Called sig and they told me to get some 124 or 145 grain and it should fix it. Went and got some 147 grain hollow points and same issue. Long story short just home from FedEx hoping to get the gun backin 2 weeks.

2. Brue182

Brue182 New Member

Oh anyone else having the same issues? Checked YouTube and found some videos with people having the same issues.

3. Kemosabe

Kemosabe New Member

Man, that really sucks. I was thinking about getting one for CCW. Maybe I need to do some reading before I definitely consider one. Please keep us informed on how your dealings with Sig will be, even after you get it back.

4. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Brue, stupid question but did you completely strip, clean and oil the pistol prior to your 1st firing?

5. Brue182

Brue182 New Member

Ya before first and then again before second firing with different ammo. I had problems with both wwbox 115 gr and federal 115 gr so I went and got wwbox 147 gr hollow points. Figured worse case it might be picky with ammo like the Kimber solo. Still no luck it should be in route today.

6. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I had one. Multiple fail to feed problems, and the worst trigger I've ever had on a weapon.

Talked to SIG, and they told me the 9 lb trigger was intentional, and I would void the warranty ifI had iot adjusted in any way.

Only POS I've ever seen or heard of from SIG.

Sold it.

7. Thebiker

Thebiker New Member

OK, my first question is was the Winchester White Box bought at Walmart?
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I do work at a shooting range. The most failures we see come from Walmart purchased ammo. You got to remember that a vendor of that size goes to a manufacturer and says "we want product X at price point $Y.00". Since they buy by the train car load most companies will try to give them what they want.....this means they cut corners....maybe use fillers in with cheap, fast, dirty powder.
    Now I know lots of folks swear by Win White box with no problems. I see more ammo in a week than most people will in a couple of years.

Over 70% of FTF's that we see are ammo related, usually bought at Walmart. I don't blame Walmart, I blame the manufacturer for cutting corners to that extent. Last week we had one shooter with 2 squibs in 15 minutes, both out of the same box of Federal ammo, bought at Walmart.

That old saw about "you get what you pay for" rears its ugly head again.

JMHO based on what I see. YMMV.

8. saejosh

saejosh New Member

White box ammo is filthy really I ran some tonight and had a very dirty weapon after

9. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

can this be a cause of "limp-wristing?" idk

10. saejosh

saejosh New Member

If the brass stove pipes yes it's quite possible

11. otisthecat

otisthecat New Member

Or is it just that you see more problems with Walmart ammo because the majority of people use it? If you shoot five boxes of Walmart for every one box of something else, you're going to see more Walmart failures.

12. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Had the same issue with my 1911, polished my internals...priblem solved

13. Brue182

Brue182 New Member

It isn't limo writing the round is still pretty much seated in the barrel and the next round is fed into it. Have to drop the mag and rack the slide once or twice to extract the round.

14. Brue182

Brue182 New Member

Wow limo writing = limp wristing auto correct ftw.

15. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Any name brand ammo you buy at Wal-Mart is exactly ther same ammo as what you get at the "mom N pop." store.

Winchester "white box," Remington "UMC" and Federal "American Eagle" are seconds. The company's "economy" ammo whether from WallyWorld or the local scalper.

16. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Yep, I don't know where folks got the idea that ammo manufactureres had the time to set aside a special line for WalMart. Their bargain ammo is bargain ammo from the same line. Othe rstores just sell it for more money because they do not buy it in a large a volume to reduce shipping and hazmat costs per shipment.

Now it is true that WalMart has had some guns that were bought through a distributor, that had them made to specific specifications, such as some of the 10/22s that had a longer barrel and walnut stocks that could be found most commonly at WalMart because they bought the majority of them from the distrbutor. Nothing 'budget" about those models though.

17. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

sounds like the chamber is still a lil tight. a lil polishin by a knowledgeable gunsmith, and plenty of rounds thru it should take care of it.

18. Brue182

Brue182 New Member

Well I have put 200 through it and the amount of FTE I had was driving me insane. 3 in a 7 round mag shouldn't happen. YouTube had a few vids of the same thing happening and after polish and a new extractor they ran like a gem. Hoping to get the gun back next week. It will be 1 week Tuesday.

19. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

Sig's customer service is good and turn around time is usually quite fast. Good luck and let us know how it comes back.

20. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

I've had the same problem with mine and will be sending it in this week.

Attached Files: