Just got my rifles out of pawn but found pawn shop took them out fired them.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by MTHunter, Sep 6, 2013.

1. MTHunter

MTHunter New Member

Is it legal for a pawn shop to shoot pawned rifles?

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I don't think so. Not if it was just pawned. If it were sold to them, that is a different story.

3. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

Did they at least clean them afterwards? :)

4. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

charge them a rental fee. good luck

5. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Hopefully they weren't used in a hold-up

6. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I don't think so. They have every right to make sure the item they bought works as described.

How did you determine they shot them?

7. MTHunter

MTHunter New Member

No they did not clean it and based on how dirty it is they were shooting blackpowder reloads.

8. MTHunter

MTHunter New Member

I cleaned both to white glove standards and both are dirtier than ****ing hell now.

9. orangello

orangello New Member

I wonder if the boss at that shop is aware, or if it was just some employee.

10. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Is there not a difference between "pawned", and "sold to"? If pawned, they don't really own it, no? Not until you let the agreed upon time frame pass, and they now own it. I'd bitch to the owner.

11. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

That crap happens with dealers, too. I went to a gun shop and saw a S&W model 657 with a 6 1/2 inch barrel I liked. I got the dealer talking and he bragged about how he'd taken it deer hunting and got a nice buck. He was selling the gun as "new". I just said "No, thanks", left the store and never went back.

12. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Probably used Fiocchi Ammunition loaded with coal dust! I swear they are! I would at least think they should have cleaned them if they testfired them. And then how many rounds do you have to shoot to see if a weapon works? Should not be enough to make them that dirty.

13. orangello

orangello New Member

For those in your area, would you mind disclosing the name of the shop, or would you do so after you discuss the issue with them?

14. MTHunter

MTHunter New Member

Western Pawn. Already called them about it and they denied it. Will not be doing anymore business there. Shame they had a Ruger Ar that I liked and only wanted $800 for it. Informed them that if either Rifle was damaged that we would be looking into legal action. One of them is a Mossberg 800A chambered in .308. It was made back in the late '50s early '60s so if anything is broken I highly doubt we will be able to find replacement parts.

15. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Just file a complaint with your states Attorney General's office. Pawn Shops are closely watched by the state that issues their Pawn Brokers Licenses. :(

16. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

Wow that is unbelievable crazy stuff

17. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Its going to be a your word against theire, but definitely do what NightStalker says and make a complaint to teh AG's office. They may already be building a case on the subject.

18. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

File complaint, don't wuss out. Your guns were used & abused. If you let it slide, they will continue this practice until someone puts up a fuss.

19. MTHunter

MTHunter New Member

I will most definitely be contacting the the state AG Monday. Thanks for the information. Going to the range next weekend after I get paid to make sure neither rifle is damaged.

20. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

MT thats one S$&? Your into there, hope you get what's deserved out of this..