Just got my new XDM 45 3.8 ...

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by sjn1955, Jan 31, 2012.

1. sjn1955

sjn1955 New Member

I just picked up my new gun and took it to
    the range. I put 150 rounds through her and she shot like a dream. This is the second XD pistol I have purchased in a month (XD subcompact 9 is my other new
    baby). I guess I will be replacing my G26
    and G30 as carry guns with my new additions. In just a very short period of time
    I have become a major Springfield Armory
    fan:). Next on my shopping list perhaps an
    XDM subcompact 40. You know one can never have enough great guns. Cheers to
    all and thanks for all the great info on this
    site.

2. jgwillir

jgwillir New Member

I too just picked up The XDM 45 3.8
    I freaking love it. Right out of the box the thing is D.O.B.A.!
    I like it so much I bought myself a Galco holster and made it my everyday carry piece. Forget those 9mm carry's, my motto is go big or go home. Good shooting!

3. sjn1955

sjn1955 New Member

Which holster did you get for it? I could not find a good one for it although my Galco Super Tuck is great for the XD9SC

4. Xdm45mp9

Xdm45mp9 New Member

I was planning on buying a g26 next. Wat made u go wit springfield instead of glock?? Just curious.

5. sjn1955

sjn1955 New Member

I already have a G26 and I have had it for years. I carry it quite often. I bought the xd9sc because it had the grip safety as well as the trigger safety and it had a different grip angle and weighed about
    6 ounces more. They are both great guns.
    FYI I have thousands of rounds thru the G26 and it has never malfunctioned once. You can't go wrong with a Glock. I have three and now I have Xds as well!

6. sjn1955

sjn1955 New Member

Thanks for the good wishes. Right back at you as well.

7. jgwillir

jgwillir New Member

I have the Galco but check out parkerholsters.com I plan on purchasing one of those instead. The Galco has a leather backing which sticks to your skin if your not wearing an undershirt. The Parker holsters have a fabric backing which breaths much better.

8. sjn1955

sjn1955 New Member

Thanks so much for the info.

9. jgwillir

jgwillir New Member

Your welcome. What kind of ammo are you pushing thru it. I've been using Federal FMJ at the range but could only find Winchester Elite Bonded JHP for self defense. Not sure if the Winchester brand is any good never shot it and don't want to waste them at the range. Not wih the price of ammo these days.

10. sjn1955

sjn1955 New Member

I use Federal FMJ at the range (because it's inexpensive for 45 ammo or Remington
    JHP ( it's not that expensive either when
    purchased in the 100 round boxes at Walmart). When carrying I use Remington
    230 Grain Golden Saber jacketed hollow points (quite expensive at around 37.00 for
    a box of 25 rounds). But if your life is ever on the line the price doesn't matter. You want to get the job done if you have to.

11. jgwillir

jgwillir New Member

That is expensive. But I will have to look into them. I have to stock up on ammo. I joke with my friends that I want to be ready when the Zombies come. The Winchester Elite bonded were like $25 for 25 rounds.

12. jgwillir

jgwillir New Member

That is why I wanted the 45 for carry. I figure that I only have to hit you once. No matter where I hit you it should take you off your feet.

13. sjn1955

sjn1955 New Member

It should get the job done. However we all
    know shot placement is key. My G23 40 caliber or any of my 9s or 357s will do the
    trick as well. Hopefully you and I will never have to pull our guns on anyone during our
    lives.

14. jgwillir

jgwillir New Member

Amen to that! I hope the only place I have to draw my firearm is at the range. But I figure it's like a condom. You might not ever use it but it is nice to know it's there. That is what I love about this gun tho it is accurate I have an HK 9mm that I could shoot practically blindfolded and get nice tight groups. My XDM 45 feels just as good with a smaller barrel and a larger caliber.