Firearms Talk banner

Just got back from the worlds largest gun show

3K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  adjohns3 
#1 ·
Wanamaker's Gun and Knife show in Tulsa, Oklahoma was great as ever.
Two and a half hour drive from my house to walking in the front door that still had a line 30 minutes after opening and worth every minute.
Walked all of it and if you looked at everything, you had about 12 seconds a table.
Started walking at 9 am and quit at 6 pm. and barely got to see everything (missed some).
Bought a couple 500 steel targets (got a great deal), couple of range bags and a Henry Rifle for my nephew's son (birthday but I wanted to keep it for myself so bad).
Saw some interesting people including Hickok45 (you tube gun star).
What a great show but I'm bushed.

#2 · (Edited)
Dang dude!, I generally always go to it and have met buckhuntr there too. I had a registered shoot today, and the dang daughter is getting married this year and raped me for 15000, well 10000 so far and wants another 5... dang dumb girlz anyway!

#6 ·
When you said you just came from the worlds largest gun show, I thought you meant you had just logged out of Gunbroker. ;)

I like big gun shows, but some of my best purchases have come from small gun shows.

#8 ·
It's like nothing you've ever seen. I would compare it to shot show but I've never been lucky enough to go to shot show...Ha! (Shot show is on my bucket list but will never happen).
When you first walk in, it stuns you. If the tables are put end to end it's over a mile long.
I walk down to one end looking at the tables on the wall and start the walk through. A few hours later you look up and you see you're only half way. A few more hours and you get to the end and see you've just finished the upper level and there's more in a lower section.
I've been going for several years and I still get that shock when I walk in.

#9 ·
It sounds like sensory overload to an old man.

#11 ·
Balota and I were there, too, with Buckhuntr. I bought a belt so I can hook a holster on it for conceal carry. We each bought IWB holsters from Shark-Tac. Nice Kydex holsters. Balota bought .45 ammo. I also bought a flint and steel 'match' thingy. It's awesome. Like a perpetual, waterproof match. I found out what my WWII Browning FN with Nazi insignia was worth. I bought a coral necklace and some beef jerky. I also bought a Yeti tumbler which means I'll probably win one in the raffle at Deg's sporting clay shoot. �� I hugged a WWII veteran. And, sadly, I did not see Hickock45 or I would have hugged him, too. After the show, Mr. and Mrs. Buckhuntr, Balota and I went out for dinner.

#12 ·
Balota and I were there, too, with Buckhuntr. I bought a belt so I can hook a holster on it for conceal carry. We each bought IWB holsters from Shark-Tac. Nice Kydex holsters. Balota bought .45 ammo. I also bought a flint and steel 'match' thingy. It's awesome. Like a perpetual, waterproof match. I found out what my WWII Browning FN with Nazi insignia was worth. I bought a coral necklace and some beef jerky. I also bought a Yeti tumbler which means I'll probably win one in the raffle at Deg's sporting clay shoot. �� I hugged a WWII veteran. And, sadly, I did not see Hickock45 or I would have hugged him, too. After the show, Mr. and Mrs. Buckhuntr, Balota and I went out for dinner.
you're too funny, poor Balota; heck I'd a give you a Yeti Tumbler if I knew you didn't have one.

#13 ·
you're too funny, poor Balota; heck I'd a give you a Yeti Tumbler if I knew you didn't have one.
For Pete's sake. I've wanted one for a long time now. ��

Okay, I also want an AR15. Do you have any of those laying around you can give me?

And yes, you are right. Poor Balota.

#15 ·
"If it warn't fer bad luck, Ah'd have no luck a-tall. Doom, despa're and agony on me..."

I had a lot of fun Saturday. Met some interesting people, like the lady who sold us the Yeti and the refillable match. Got me some ammo, a holster for my compact 9mm and, if I'm good, I can use the P238 holster we got for Winds to shoot IDPA CCP. Enjoyed dinner with the Buckhuntr's at Kilkenney's. I don't feel very "poor".

#18 · (Edited)
"If it warn't fer bad luck, Ah'd have no luck a-tall. Doom, despa're and agony on me..."

I had a lot of fun Saturday. Met some interesting people, like the lady who sold us the Yeti and the refillable match. Got me some ammo, a holster for my compact 9mm and, if I'm good, I can use the P238 holster we got for Winds to shoot IDPA CCP. Enjoyed dinner with the Buckhuntr's at Kilkenney's. I don't feel very "poor".
Hee Haw, we are in the same age group. ahh, the "All Jugs Band" what some "beautiful" singers; very nice...voices.

#19 ·

Okay, I also want an AR15. Do you have any of those laying around you can give me?

I'd seriously consider parting with one of mine if I was ever out in your neck of the woods...
But you're in Illinois?... isn't that instant 'death by unga bunga' for giving a gun to someone there?

#20 ·

No pressure but if you want an AR now is the time to buy. I have never seen them cheaper. Here is a decnt rifle for roght at $500 depending on your transfer fees. Tell me your budget and I am happy to shoot you some links for complete uppers and lowers that will save you the headache of building and will be a much nicer rifle than many of the complete factory offerings.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/blem-ar15-complete-moe-plus-lower-black1.html

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...om-upper-with-rear-mbus-bcg-ch-516445358.html

#21 ·
No pressure but if you want an AR now is the time to buy. I have never seen them cheaper. Here is a decnt rifle for roght at $500 depending on your transfer fees. Tell me your budget and I am happy to shoot you some links for complete uppers and lowers that will save you the headache of building and will be a much nicer rifle than many of the complete factory offerings.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/blem-ar15-complete-moe-plus-lower-black1.html

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...om-upper-with-rear-mbus-bcg-ch-516445358.html
Thank you for this information.

#22 · (Edited)
The Tulsa show is likely the largest now, but does anyone remember the Great Western that used to be held at the L.A. County Fairgrounds in Pomona? In the 1980's before California died and the People's Republik emerged, that show had four+ miles of tables in eight buildings.
And yes - poor Balota. He now has a wonderful cook and wonderful person as his wife.
Pooooooor Balota!

#23 ·
Thanks RK. I will been trying to tell them that for weeks....

#24 ·

Mrs. Winds, this is merely a guess, but AR's are dropping in price, and i suspect that within about 3-6 months, maybe a year at the most, they are going to be lower in price than they have been in quite a few years.

so if you want an AR, i'd think about maybe late summer or fall, to start looking!

it's going to be a buyers market is my guess. you will enjoy shooting it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.