Just got asked out by a 19 year old!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by ArizonaLawman, Oct 19, 2011.

1. ArizonaLawman

ArizonaLawman New Member

So, I went for coffee and to get the wife's car washed. I stopped into the c-store where I get my coffee. The new-ish girl who works there is 19 and seriously cute asked me to "take her out sometime".

Now...I am rapidly approaching my 45th birthday. I am also married, which is a condition I take seriously, especially seeing as how my wife is a cop, and would frown upon such behavior. I am still a "not bad lookin' in a rugged sorta way" feller...but really? A NINETEEN YEAR OLD asking me out?

She either needs a guy with some financial security for her kid (I am assuming she has one), or she has SERIOUS daddy issues.

Granted, were I single, I'd be happy to see all her naked parts...but damn.

I know she knew me when I was still a cop...I never pegged her as the badge bunny type...so now that I'm retired, that's out.

So...any thoughts? Daddy issues or needs someone to raise her kid?

2. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Sugar daddy? She may have realized that security is readily available for her with someone like you, and figures she can...uhm...'exercise' you into a heart attack within a year or two. (HAH!! She has no clue how ornery us old guys can be!!)

3. vincent

vincent New Member

Probably both and she's working her plan, or neither and you're just a big studly man!!! Good ego boost though!!

4. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Well-Known Member

Take it as a compliment it is

take it as a compliment, most 45yro's would just smile and thank em and move on, I have a hard time relating to 30 year olds.

Im secure in my self image and wouldnt let that sort of silly talk sway my way, she finds she gets geezer tips if she strokes the ego.

5. ArizonaLawman

ArizonaLawman New Member

My ego is fine...hell, my wife is over ten years younger than I am (I figure, that if I have a mid-life crisis I already have a young hot chick to go through it with, and it won't cost me my house!).

I don't think I was flattered because I am still cop-minded enough to be suspicious of EVERYONE'S motives...lol.

Still...damn...she IS a little hottie. But...yeah...it's hard to relate to ANYONE under 30 anymore. My working theory is....young chicks are GREAT until they open their mouth (to speak)...then...you might as well go ahead and plug your ears and think about guns or trucks, or fishing.

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Well, old Sgt at the Academy used to say "Your badge will get you women- and women will get your badge."

I am further down the road than you, and have been hit on once or twice by youngsters (was so freaking oblivious to ONE approach that my granddaughter- between terminal cases of giggles- had to explain it to me) :confused:

Think you covered the two most likely motivations. Either way, you and I both know that scraping the bubble gum off ain't worth it.

I have been married 3 days longer than dirt, and I like women like good wine- properly matured.

7. FaTmAn

FaTmAn New Member

Tell your wife and see what happens i say. Maybe it was she just needed little bit of exp to spice up her life.

8. orangello

orangello New Member

I am not married, but i don't think any good could come of telling your wife. I have friends with wives, and they can be scary.

A local barber here got his house shot up by his wife (from at least 150 yards with her deer rifle) after she got told something, and that wasn't even by him. Last i heard, they are still happily married, and she is still quite a shot.

9. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Are you still grinning? I would be.

10. fatmidgets

fatmidgets New Member

I say more business, she was bored, or Dude... She works at a CONVENIENT STORE so of course financial security. I'm not trying to hate on you, I think It's cool it happened.

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

Just tell her no. That's what I did a few weeks ago, except the girl that asked me out couldn't have been more than 16.

Repeat after me, "No thanks, I'm married, and I want to keep it that way"
    That way, your not offering her even an indirect insult, and you can avoid the "are you happily married" conversation.

12. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I would take it as a compliment that she picked you to ask out, but I would also be suspicious of her motives since there is such an age difference. Some girls just like older men, others either want money, or to piss someone off. (Dad, boyfriend, your wife, ect)

13. ArizonaLawman

ArizonaLawman New Member

Valid points one and all....

She DOES know I am married as my wife comes into the store with me A LOT.

Sugar Daddy? Possibly...she sees me driving my 2010 truck, or my wife's 2011 Camaro, or my 99 Corvette (purchased 12 years ago PRE-WIFE when I still had my own money to spend)...so she obviously thinks there is $$ around.

Hates her father? Possibly, though I would suspect she would be more apt to piss off the parents with a hood rat.

I already told my wife....she laughed and told me "That's nice Hon...what's for dinner?" (My wife is unlikely to shoot me, as I do the cooking and 99% of the laundry now that I am retired). No husband has EVER been shot while doing dishes. So...I am safe on the home front.

I won't be a jerk to the girl though....I will just tell her that I am too old to dance, drink, or be out after dark.

14. WDbeej

WDbeej New Member

[ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEa_yAynFBg&feature=related"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEa_yAynFBg&feature=related[/ame]

Oh yeah. Did you ask your wife for advice on this?

15. countryboy

countryboy New Member

Sounds like a solid plan. enjoy the compliment and move on. Life's fully of shiny things to draw you off the right path, few of them end well.

EXPENDABLE

16. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Congratulations Lawman!! My hat is off to you!!

I am pushing 60 hard and I am thinking that ship has sailed for me. I work at a university with over 20,000 nubile young women. You would think at least one of them woud have some kind of kinky grandfather fetish, but noooooooo.

My wife of 40 years might not object too harshly if one did, I think she would find the situation rather funny. She would probably egg me on, thinking she could collect on the insurance. I have given up chasing them, cause I am afraid I might catch one and not know what to do. :)

17. ArizonaLawman

ArizonaLawman New Member

TRUTH! Sayeth the wise viejo!

18. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

My thought - are you bragging or complaining? :D
    You lucky.........

19. pmanton

pmanton Member

She missed her period and needs a daddy for her baby:eek:

Paul
    Salome, AZ

20. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Not to be in the same company but I am 64 yrs old
    relatively soft on the eyes, and the same thing happens
    here. But there is a hidden agenda to these girl's approach,
    and I think they are boredom, financial need, and narcissism
    on their part as a form of validation. Either way head for 'em hills
    as fast as ya' can. Trouble brews in the wind.
    :rolleyes: