Just got a new safe queen. Any good?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by jps37033, Mar 11, 2010.

1. jps37033

jps37033 New Member

I just traded for a 90% plus condition chinese SKS.

It has all matching serial numbers everywhere. It also has a chrome lined or stainless lined barrel. When running a rod through it, there was no trash, only a cosmoline substance (like new).

Has boyonet, storage hole witch had cleaning kit, and the cleaning rod under bayonet. Also has sling with chinese markings.

I will say that I am in it for less than $250...

Is it of any value and did I get a good deal?

Is there any way to determine year from serial number?

I just found out after research that it is a bit of a rare model. It has a "26" stamped inside of a triangle, smooth stamping, made in 1956 for Cinese Police. It even has matching sling with it.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  2. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

What, no pictures??????

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Fun carbines. Be SURE to get the firing pin channel in the bolt de-gunked. These have a floating firing pin, and there have been instances of slam-fire from the FP being stuck in the forward position by dried grease.

Bores were chromed- commie standard ammo was corrosive, chromed resisted pitting. Price on these has been going up- IMHO, the Chinese are better than the Yugo imports that have been all over the market- a lot of those have questionable, non-chromed bores, and the gas shutoff valaves become a problem.

If yu have not had one before, some good info on a LOT of milsurp guns at surplusrifle.com.