Just found some .22 LR

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by hareebrownbeest, Jun 22, 2013.

1. hareebrownbeest

hareebrownbeest New Member

image-2873679932.jpg

Can't believe the price! I had to have some so I bought it:(

2. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

i was able to pick up 5 boxes of 325 rnds for $21 a box a little higher than i would like,but bought them anyways.

3. Luckyshamrock40

Luckyshamrock40 Member

Last week the local Walmart received In a case of Winchester 555 packs. I got the limit of 3 for $23.97 ea. Plus Bass Pro had Remington 525 pack, got a box 1 limit for $22.99!!!

Been a good week...... ;-)

4. hareebrownbeest

Wow I feel burned:( **** California!

5. Garadex

Garadex New Member

It's okay the same thing happened to me a few weeks ago also.

6. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

$#@&%^*@..........<<< CONSIDER THIS EVERY SWEAR WORD I KNOW!

where the $%$#@ are y'all finding this stuff? i have not seen a bulk pack of 22 on a shelf anywhere in THE YEAR 2013!!!! :mad:

wait....one local gun store had them.....FOR $90!!!!! :mad:

CONGRATS ON YOUR SUCCESS....AND I HATE YOU!

:p

7. bowhunter17

bowhunter17 New Member

The only .22 ammo that my store has is .22 birdshot

8. hareebrownbeest

I got this at a store formerly known as Blueline ammo, it's changed it's name and moved to a small, and I mean small office type environment in a business on a second floor, seems kinda wired to me. Felt like I was buying some drugs all in secrecy or something (not that I would know);) the layout was in a business center, 4 story building, take the elevator to the second floor and enter a office. Like I said kinda wired feeling, but they emailed me and said they had ammo available so I got some. It's now called Semper Fi Mfg.

9. hawkguy

i'm beginning to think i would buy 22 from a guy in an alley with a trench coat, if the price was right! :p j/k

y'know when i was teen, spent a great deal of time fantasizing about beautiful women......

but lately, all my fantasies have been the same......i'm walking by the wal-mart gun counter....then i see IT :eek:...the guy behind the counter using a box cutter to open a fresh box of ammo....is it? could it be?....yes, it is....a box full of 22 bulk ammo! i get my 3 box limit....i walk out smoking a cigarette....

:D

10. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I picked up a box of CCI Mini-Mag High Velocity Ammunition Troy Landry Special Edition 22 Long Rifle 36 Grain Plated Lead Hollow Point Box of 375 rounds from Dick's Sporting Goods.

Paid $29.99 for the box.

Since smaller LGS are either empty of .22LR and Sportsman's Warehouse will not be getting any shipment for 2 to 4 weeks due to supply warehouse relocation to bigger one. I am going to Dick's and Big 5.

11. hawkguy

the only dicks near me doesn't have ammo....period! well, ok...they have shotgun shells and that is about it. it almost looks like they are getting out of selling ammo, which wouldn't surprise me a bit.

shame, i did once, long ago....get very good ammo deals at dicks.

12. Luckyshamrock40

Luckyshamrock40 Member

I admit I got very lucky with my find last week. Before my find, I hadn't seen .22lr in months. I would LOVE to run across some .22 WMR! Anyone know where a guy could pick up some?

13. kymike

kymike New Member

I cant find .22 in any stores in my area. I been looking online I usually go to cheaperthendirt.com. they haven't had any in stock for awhile. Looked on there the other day and they had some. They should change the name to more expensive then gold. $60 for 100 rd cci. I use to get those for $10.

14. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

My favorite LGS started this way. He ran a cabinet shop in a mill building. When the cabinet trade went down, he started a gun shop up front in his office. The place was so small, you went in and stood. You didn't walk around. But he always had something interesting. Also, he was hard to find. I knew the street he was on, (it was more like an alley), and I still had a hard time finding him. He has since moved to a way better location.

Just this weekend, my buddy found another new gun shop. WAY out in the middle of the woods, up a long dirt driveway, and in a uhhhhh, "building" that's half falling down, and half under construction. BUT, he is licensed to reload and sell ammo, and has stupid low prices. (on ammo) So go there I will. I don't care what it looks like.

15. brianramirez

brianramirez New Member

Try ammoseek

16. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Not our guys, they came to the point of limiting ammo purchase.

Example: I pick up 3 boxes of .223 or 5.56, then I cannot get a bulk box of .22LR. It is one or the other. They got upset of the scalpers on ammo, buy low and sell high dollar.

Look at this blaze article on AR rifles.

The Reason You May Regret Having Bought That AR-15 Earlier This Year

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...t-having-bought-that-ar-15-earlier-this-year/

17. brianramirez

brianramirez New Member

Found another place its called wikiarms.com

18. Hectocotylus

Hectocotylus New Member

Ditto from northwest washington

19. hareebrownbeest

My LGS said its all because of HOARDING!!!!! Selfish Sons of Bitches!!!;)

20. sparky17

sparky17 New Member

Thought I got lucky at Walmart the other night. No one at the counter but I can see unboxed ammo behind it. 30-30, 30-06, an empty box of Federal 22lr and a CCI box if unknown caliber. Found a guy in electronics and asked about the ammo. "We got some 22lr in but you need a special mag to shoot it." ?????? I asked to see since I had never seen 22lr that needed a special magazine, CCI 22WMR.