Just for us older guys

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by chlogeo, Nov 27, 2011.

1. chlogeo

chlogeo New Member

What is the best Laser sight for my Glock 30?
    I really can't focus in on my sites any more so I use the Point and Shoot method and I was wondering if a Laser would help.

2. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

3. TimKS

TimKS Member Lifetime Supporter

CT are the best in my opinion, but if you have any shake in your hands, the spot will be all over the target. (from experience)

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

That is a fact- Can be plumb embaressing :eek:

5. Dennis845

Dennis845 New Member

I have CT on my S&W 686+ .357 home defense gun, and I have no problem seeing it. I also have CT for both my Kimber 1911's but don't have them installed, as they are not allowed in IDPA matches. So... I try and line up three white dots to form a blurry white line and shoot :cool:

Me, bi-focals and shooting don't seem to work well :eek:

6. chewchew

chewchew New Member

I have an internal LaserMax on my Glock 19 and I like it. It's a little pricey but aren't they all. I have a crimson trace on my Sig and they are both well liked.
    For self defense, a laser is a must unless you are good shooting from the hip and very few people are.

7. pipeman525

pipeman525 New Member

Laser sight

I like laser sights like this so I don't have to go out and find a new holster to fit a front mounted laser.

Rear Sight Laser / Glocks

8. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I dont use my bifocals or trifocals. I use the distance lens and concentrate on the front site and target. I try to frame the rear site and align the top of the rear with the top of front if that makes any sense. The Glock has a big white U on the rear which may be a little easier. Steyer has one of the easiest irons to use for us older shooters. Front triangle with a rear framing triangle.
    A long time ago I was trained to shoot from the hip and it can be very effective. Stance is the key. You have to lock the pistol into a repeatable preset position and move the body not the pistol. I have not done it in a long time. I really dont see a major use for it at a distance. It can be useful in a tight situation where raising the pistol would allow it to be grabbed but you are pretty much looking at a gut or crotch shot. A hit is still a hit and might slow someone down.

9. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Thats another really good thing about the CT's-the laser is part of your grips.