Firearms Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out today after a CZ but I saw a rex zero 1 tactical it look so good I bought it. I have no knowledge of guns first one I buy so I hope I got a good one. It had good review Made in Slovenia, --Any post will help

·
Administrator
26,138 Posts
No personal experience with the gun- but all the reviews on it seem to be very favorable. Personally I like double action pistols, but I was a revolver shooter for years.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No personal experience with the gun- but all the reviews on it seem to be very favorable. Personally I like double action pistols, but I was a revolver shooter for years.
This was my first gun purchase , I do have one more permit to get a second one. Since there's so many smart, knowledgeable gun owners on this forum and there's alot for me to learn at 67 years old ? ama listen, don't want to make another spontaneous move. Next gun should be??

·
Premium Member
10,023 Posts
A 22 LR of some type, for lower cost training, plinking, etc. Whether handgun or long gun is up to you.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
First..Welcome to the forum...:). Second..posts like these are kind of a reality check for me. "Permit to get a second one"... what does that even mean..? I guess being in a somewhat still free state.. (we dont have Constitutional CC )...I forget sometimes that other States have already lost the 2A battle..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pictures. We like pictures.

Next gun, for what? Concealed carry, African hunting, 1000 yard match?
I live in New Jersey <<gun laws? the only time you can carry is from parking lot to the range you arrived, its a new hobby for me, I fill out 2 gun permits on the computer and 4 to 6 weeks later, police station calls you to pick up your permit with 90 days to buy. I'm going use it for home defense if I'm caught in the situation but mostly sport shooting at range, receipt pic for now -
First..Welcome to the forum...:). Second..posts like these are kind of a reality check for me. "Permit to get a second one"... what does that even mean..? I guess being in a somewhat still free state.. (we dont have Constitutional CC )...I forget sometimes that other States have already lost the 2A battle..
Thanks for the welcome
gun in jail for 5 for7 days, for more State Police check Way of Jersey
Did the seller throw in any ammo ?
heck no I was only allow 4- 50 round boxes they have restrictions. ,But!! once a day I can go get 4 more , I don't get it bought it at SHOOTERS in Little Egg Harbor NJ

·
Premium Member
10,023 Posts
I live in New Jersey <<gun laws? the only time you can carry is from parking lot to the range you arrived, its a new hobby for me, I fill out 2 gun permits on the computer and 4 to 6 weeks later, police station calls you to pick up your permit with 90 days to buy. I'm going use it for home defense if I'm caught in the situation but mostly sport shooting at range, receipt pic for now -

I would delete the receipt from the post.

·
Supporting Member
11,980 Posts
luvakol
That is a very nice Pistol!
Here is some info on it.
Rex Zero 1. The Rex Zero 1 9mm pistol by Arex is the most sought after pistol in the world. With a service life exceeding 30,000 rounds, the Rex Zero 1 pistol complies with strict military standards for reliability and has passed extreme temperature, hostile environment, and drop tests.
Looks like you got a great Pistol although I have never seen one!
As Gator said you need to delete the Receipt from here. "Too much information"! To have out on an internet source!
Here is your picture of one!
REX ZERO 1 TACTICAL.jpg

Reactions: kfox75 and Gatoragn

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
luvakol
Here is some info on it.
Rex Zero 1. The Rex Zero 1 9mm pistol by Arex is the most sought after pistol in the world. With a service life exceeding 30,000 rounds, the Rex Zero 1 pistol complies with strict military standards for reliability and has passed extreme temperature, hostile environment, and drop tests.
As Gator said you need to delete the Receipt from here. "Too much information"! To have out on an internet source!
View attachment 239298

luvakol
Here is some info on it.
View attachment 239298

got it Thank You so much

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
9mm pcc to go with your fine new pistola!
Ruger, Hi Point, CMMG etc.

·
Premium Member
12,029 Posts
Next gun: like cliff suggested, a pistol caliber carbine is a hoot to shoot. They are low recoil and cheap to shoot (-cough- during normal ammo supply times). The cost of the carbine is generally lower than an AR15, for example. IMO, a great choice for home defense, especially with a red dot sight.

The .22 long rifle cartridge is cheap to shoot, cheap for practice with. You can pick up a pistol, or a .22lr carbine like the Ruger 10-22, if legal in your state.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Next gun: like cliff suggested, a pistol caliber carbine is a hoot to shoot. They are low recoil and cheap to shoot (-cough- during normal ammo supply times). The cost of the carbine is generally lower than an AR15, for example. IMO, a great choice for home defense, especially with a red dot sight.

The .22 long rifle cartridge is cheap to shoot, cheap for practice with. You can pick up a pistol, or a .22lr carbine like the Ruger 10-22, if legal in your state.
New Jersey is crazy --I can buy an AR, Rifles<shotguns with No permit? No problem , But ,when it comes to a pistol? You need to apply for a pistol Permit that takes about 4 to 6 weeks so you can purchase a pistol. + jail on the gun 5 To 7 days--22 long rifle is not a bad idea for cheap shooting...

·
Premium Member
11,017 Posts
It's that way in a few states. NY, you need the pistol permit before you can buy, but no restriction or need for a second permit, to buy another one. Only delay is in the NICs check, and when you can get to the pistol permit office, at the county seat, and back to the shop, to pick it up.

As a result, a friend of ours just opened a shop, a block from the county court house, and is about to get his handgun sales license, before starting daytime hours.

NC, if you have a CHL, picking up a handgun is cash and carry. Don't have one, go to the CSD in your county, and apply for a purchase permit, to buy one, private party, of via an FFL, that's good for X number of handguns, in a set time period. Haven't lived there in a while, but it was 2 or 3, in 90 days, when we left, in 1990, and I don't know if they issued a CHL back then. Even Texas didn't, at that time.

Other states, like GA, and this was also the case in PA, for a few years, if you go to buy a handgun, there is a 3 day wait, without a LTCF or GCL. PA dropped it a few years before we moved here, and required a PICS check, with or without. GA, if you have the GCL, that counts as the NICS check.

State laws vary by quite a bit, depending on where you are, and each of them has something restrictive, that others do not. Here, we have to have a PICS check to transfer a handgun, but GFZ signs have no FOL. In your state, Sings have FOL, and you can private sell a handgun, without the NICS check. Legal age for a handgun here is 18, 21 in Ohio.

The restrictions in NY, are part of why, even after moving out, I still hold a membership in 2A organizations there, and donate to them.

Now, to the OP, what to buy next. As it's HD and range use, I'd go with a PCC in matching caliber, or a rimfire rifle, to take to the range with you. That or a shotgun that comes with a pair of barrels, one 18 to 20 inches for HD, the other a field barrel, for hunting or skeet and trap use, at some point in the future. 12 or 20 gauge, with a 3 inch chamber, pump or semi auto.

Maybe a revolver in .357 Magnum, as it is good for HD\SD, and also has other sporting purposes, and is less affected by potential future state level bans. A good 4 inch .357 makes a great range toy, and is effective in an HD situation.

Find something that fits, and feels right, and go with it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts