Just for Shihan!

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by NGIB, May 11, 2010.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Attached Files:

2. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Interesting...I wonder what the real world price is on those.

3. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Somewhere between the Sigma and M&P - closer to the Sigma I'd guess. Just looked and Bud's doesn't have them listed yet. If the trigger is better - this may be a good entry level gun. Going by MSRP:

Sigma - $458
    New SD9 - $519
    Base M&P - $719

So I'd guess about $25 more than a Sigma which might make this a good buy...

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  4. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Man...I remember buying a 40VE about 5 years ago and paid a whopping 275.00 out the door. Funky trigger or not that was a good deal. I still kind of miss that pistol but only wanted to keep one poly frame and my Browning Pro 40 won that toss. and now I'm thinking about selling/trading it off too...heh

Kind of wanna see one of these new Smiths. It's nice to have another one out there that does not take a second mortgage to bring one home.

5. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Thanks, I saw that on the S&W site. I like it. It is a good option. Now, I have to decide between 3 pistols, M&P, Sigma SW, or Sigma SD What to Do?...What to Do? Hmmmm, maybe get them all.

The Beauty is something to behold, Glocksters eat your heart out.:D

Attached Files:

6. Shihan

I just finished up some reading on the SD pistols, I am now very interested and this may well be my next purchase.

If so I will do a review and compare to the Sigma. I am going to be stopping by the shops tomorrow to do some inquiring.

Now, I am getting excited. [​IMG]

7. WDB

WDB New Member

Who has paid that for an M&P? The last one I bought new a few years ago was a 45 with two mags and a option for two more mags or $50 rerbate. I paid $530 NIB (with night sights) got the extra mags in the mail.

8. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Nobody. Since the SD9 isn't at stores yet I just listed the MSRP from the S&W site for comparison...

9. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

Looks like a Sigma with an M&P trigger. So, pretty much awesome.

10. NPD5946TSW

NPD5946TSW New Member

Here we go........ The race to see who can get one first!!

11. Shihan

Same hinged trigger as the Sigma.

12. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

The M&P has the articulated trigger, too, but the Sigma's trigger and trigger guard are smaller, which is unfortunate for those of us with bigger hands. The SD series looks like the M&P, more angular than oval, and easier to access quickly.

13. Shihan

Let's Compare. I like them all. So I will have all. Eventually they will have their own Forum just like the 1911, XD, and Glock. I will not rest.:D

Attached Files:

14. tekarra

tekarra New Member

Interesting looking pistol. The link would not open, so will try again later.

15. colmustard

colmustard New Member

very cool, it looks like it bridges the gap between the sigma and the m&p! I am excited! Should I sell my sigma to get one? Who am I kiddin, I will keep the sigma because of how sweet it is and just save for the new one!!! LOL This thing smith & wesson call a sigma is a sickness!!!! And I love it!:D

16. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

Go for an XD40. Won't break the bank and you won't find a more accurate, easier shooting gun that the XD. It fits most hands better than other semi autos, comes with a holster, double mag carrier and a mag loader, plus they will take care of it forever. Springfield is a great company.

Dave :)

17. Shihan

I do not like the XD. I won't list my reasons. M&P is better IMO. I prefer the Sigma over the XD. I am very interested in this S&W SD9.

18. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

You and I will discuss this statement in the future but for now I must retire.

19. Shihan

Just a Preference. I am sure the XD people love their Pistols. I personally don't.

20. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

I've had two Sigmas (a glutton for punishment, I guess). Personally I like Glock in many calibers, but not in .40. XD has them beat all the way there. Ruger makes a nice one now, the SR9, but no .40 yet. Beretta 96 is a nice one. Taurus has the PT-101 that holds a whole lot of rounds and is very accurate, but it's heavy compared to plastic guns.

Sigmas have dastardly triggers. I know lots of people who have made excuses for the triggers, but no one really likes the trigger. It wears you out and reduces accuracy. They would have had to do a whole lot of work on the trigger to improve the Sigma series.

Enjoy life a lot and go to a range where you can rent some different models.

Dave :)