just finished the zombie control project!

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by everoblivion2005, Apr 17, 2012.

1. everoblivion2005

everoblivion2005 New Member

Bolt carrier: failzero
    Bolt: lmt enhanced 6.8
    Barrel: DD S2W 16"
    Barrel device: PRI QCB
    Rail: DD ar15 lite rail 12"
    Optics: Eotech XPS3-0 w/mbus
    Stock: magpul ACS
    LPK: DD single stage
    Upper/lower: aero precision.

ForumRunner_20120417_140305.jpg

2. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Close ups! Better lighting! Action shots! Need more AR pron plzzzzzz.

Looks nice! How's she shoot?

3. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Agreee with Tikki! Need some good close ups. We want to see her smile!

4. everoblivion2005

More to come I'm taking it to get bore sighted and inspected this weekend before shooting. Just too exited after finishing to wait to post. I'll post some more after work today.

5. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

wut he said ;) Looks like a very nice set up. How do you like the Fail Zero bcg? Is the difference in quality noticeable? How does it cycle/function?

6. everoblivion2005

Here's some more low quality shots. Like I said I'm taking it to the armory this weekend to get bore sighted and make some groups. I'll break out the DSLR and take some better ones there.

ForumRunner_20120417_203149.jpg

ForumRunner_20120417_203207.jpg

ForumRunner_20120417_203224.jpg

ForumRunner_20120417_203245.jpg

7. Kinetics

Kinetics New Member

cant wait for those DSLR pics! Cool zombie rifle as well, now you just need a suppressor

8. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

And Zombies to shoot at!

9. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

No real difference in quality from any quality BCG. The coating is the only difference. Had one, sold it. No real reason other than price. I have one in the LWRC as well. Probably will never own another w/ BCGs from BCM/DD/PSA/Spikes costing much less.

10. everoblivion2005

Well according to most of the articles I read failzero was the most proven. And the nickel boron coating was still in its first iteration with everyone but failzero and utc coatings who have been doing it for years. The only thing i'll be able to compare it to though is the M-4 I carried in the USAF, which was old, worn, and a 5.56 pea shooter. So yes this will perform better than that. But I've fired legacy bolt carriers and Chrome carriers and both needed lubrication to function. Gonna put this one to the test with no lube and see if it works as advertised.

11. Kinetics

Kinetics New Member

^ This is so true, kind of like shooting ranges, i wish we had zombie ranges where one could hone their zombie killing skills on real zombs, but alas we have none. . .:rolleyes:

12. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I would still use lube on the carrier. Dry steel on aluminum? Not a great idea.

13. everoblivion2005

Well as an engineer I know that a standard unlubed bolt carrier has a friction coefficient of 0.80 against steel. A lubricated standard bolt carrier has an initial coefficient of 0.03 and rises as the lube evaporates. Nickel boron has a sustained coefficient of 0.05! So it should cycle just fine without lube. I will however only fire a couple times with no lube just for testing then lube it up for sanity's sake.

14. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

I ended up doing the same thing. At first I ran the LWRC dry. I now smear grease on it like I would apply butter to a pancake. It's never ran smoother. Same applies for the coated FZ BCG but I used EWL Slip 2000 at the time.

15. everoblivion2005

Well some one got ahold of my debit card number overseas so no money to go to the range till that gets cleared up... Seriously how do u spend $7000 at some place called "babies got style"

16. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

That sucks.

Easy, you purchase baby cloths w/ the intent to resale them.

17. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Sounds like a strip club or something.

18. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Oh man that suck$! We gotta compare notes via PM. I.E. who we've bought from online recently. My CC just got dinged for $2000 after I made a small purchase from a new vendor. A Nikon SLR and some electronics that I didn't order. Don't want to mention names here because I can't prove anything. They're working on my account too and I have to say the CC company jumped right in and shut the account down before I knew anything was wrong. Hopefully neither of us get stuck with someone else's crap.

What makes this hard, you never know exactly when someone lifted your card # and how long it takes before bogus charges roll in. I assume it was done from an online purchase but you never know. Good luck anyway...

19. everoblivion2005

100 yrds standing. 6 round bursts of less than 1 sec between pulls..... I wont be saving any hostages but not too bad for a first go.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  20. everoblivion2005

Another pic of the digital Target. Same shooting profile.

Attached Files: