just don't know

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by wmille01, Apr 17, 2011.

1. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

got a mosin nagant, so far only shot 10 round through it (haven't really had the time). I don't know that much about russian ammo, I've been shooting Brown Bear "match" lacquered steel case, non-corrosive berdan primer.

My main question is there something better that I can be shooting with, do I need to do anything special when cleaning my rifle while using this, also I heard that you can't reload these is that true?

2. doctherock

doctherock New Member

You can find the MILSURP brass ammo for it in several places, it shoots cleaner but for messing around you cant beat the cheap russian ammo.

3. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

If the ammo is steel cased or berdan primed ammo, then it is not reloadable.

If the ammo is labeled as non-corrosive, then you should not need to do anything more than standard cleaning after shooting - but DO clean it after a shoot.

Several folks here favor the heavier (180+ grains) bullet weights in their Mosins.

Good (enough) and cheap surplus ammo can be found on many on-line ammo web-sites. Ammoman.com is one:

AMMOMAN.COM

4. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

thanks I plan on making this one of my main hunting guns.