Just curious if you guys name your guns...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by junho806, Sep 5, 2008.

1. junho806

junho806 New Member

Maybe I'm just weird but yeah I've named mine...
    :p
    my 22mag Marlin is named Charlotte (no reason behind it...just liked the name)
    my AR-15 is named Samantha (Sam for short and i got it from "I Am Legend")
    you got any nicknames or anything for your guns?

2. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I call my NEF Pardner Tracker 2 (singleshot) "Bertha". The reason behind this is that it has a fully rifled "bull barrel on it that is a 1/4 inch thick at the muzzle and the gun weighs about 16 lbs.

I don't have any names for any of my other guns yet.

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I name my build projects - but I don't name anything that I buy as a complete package. If someone else did all the work, then I don't feel the need to change it, it just stays the name they gave it.

JD

4. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

no. they are fun to use, but I'm not THAT into them. I don't name my cars either.

5. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

It's s good thing Beebs didn't stumble upon THIS post!

6. JPBeck

JPBeck New Member

I didn't have to name mine they came with names:
    1911, Sig 228, Walther P99, Glock 29, 31, VSF 700, AI .308, AI 300WM, .338, ect, ect, ect. :)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  7. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

My guns are WEAPONS of destruction. They are Not kids, not toys, not pets. They don't need names...

8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

OK yes I do name mine all of mine.

Kimber Custom II: Kimber Marie
    [​IMG]

Remington 700VLS 223: Cindy
    [​IMG]

Remington Enfield 308 Target rifle: Nichole
    [​IMG]

Beretta U22 Neos: Kiki
    [​IMG]

9. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Ruger MkII Govt. Target Model: Rebecca
    [​IMG]

Remington 513T: Victoria
    Remington 511-X: Morgan
    [​IMG]

Remington Model 30 Express 30-06: Kaylee
    No picture becuase it was a bad stock day.

Jap Arisaka Type 38: Natalia
    [​IMG]

Winchester Model 12: Willette (She is on the left).
    [​IMG]

10. ScottG

ScottG New Member

I thought about it but, nah....

11. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

I called mine a couple of names this morning when BOTH of the new mags I just got failed to stay locked in place. 5 minutes on the work bench and they'll be fine, but it's very disconcerting to have stuff like that happen.

12. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

LMAO -and +1...I was waiting for SOMEONE to say that! But given the disdain some people here have for my intollerance of Liberal Forum-Jumpers as well as my staunch support for the Republican ticket, I decided I would be wasting my time...

13. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Yeah. Offically boring me, & others, with your constant jabs. Get a new schtick, this one is worn out and tired, you've used it all over the forum.

JD

14. Mark F

Yeah, those are more the kind of names I'm used to. POS comes to mind fairly often.

15. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

The only thing that's worn-out and tired is your propensity to suck-up to those who either stroke your ego, or who gained their positions as Moderators before you. Why don't you learn to accept that this is America and that some people have strongly held beliefs regarding their rights to own guns, voice their opinions, and speak freely and openly, particularly when it involves "dialogue" with people whose obvious and self-admitted disdain for firearms precludes any "intelligent" discussion, particlulary a discussion where the poster's every reply is a challenge, a deliberate misstatement of fact, or a strategic "stroking" of ego to elicit more attention. I'll find a new "schtick" when you lose the elementary school disciplinarian approach.

16. Mark F

Way too fancy... I'm thinkin' hard-core Republican. I don't know what a Liberal Forum-Jumper is... please explain.

17. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

You know what? Nevermind, it isn't worth it. I am wiping out my entire post.

You're right RL - you can run the website however you want from now on. Just send your list of demands to notdku.

JD

18. Jables

Jables New Member

Ok, first off, Congrats on the mod status JD, just noticed that.

Second off I enjoy reading both RL's and JD's posts but this is a board that is full of passion and RL is passionate about his guns and his politics. JD, you are a wealth of information and there is a place for both of you. If this board keeps RL from going out and killing a few liberals, more power to his post, they aren't breaking the rules and if JD is all about the technical, great. I'm personally not going to stop with the political rhetoric because I wanna keep my rights to bear arms and I would also love to see roe v wade overturned.

JD, I don't see where RL's rants break the rules of the site and as annoyed as you get that's a part of free speech. I have always hated being a mod on boards because you have to put up with stuff you don't like or you become gastopo. Both of you can rip me apart, don't really care.

Btw, JD, you where making jabs on both of us back in the how will you vote thread. If the political rhetoric annoys you then please ignore us because I don't think you are going to get us to stop unless you impair our free speech and thus nullify the purpose of this website.

19. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Mark - a "Forum Jumper" is one who subscribes to a particular ideological or political view on a Forum that supports that view, and then for purposes of inflamming and causing disruption, joins a forum of the opposite ideological or political viewpoint and proceeds to work his magic.
    The term "Liberal" in front of the phrase "Forum Jumper" is self explanatory. Maybe I should have said "Anti-Gun Forum Jumper", but even that wouldn't have been completely accurate, since the person I'm talking about was anti-American.

20. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Unlike you JD I don't care to "run a website" , "moderate" a website, or discipline those on a website. I just like to express my views, however offensive they may be to some, and not have to deal with the backstabbing backlash, pre-adolescent BS. I suspect this kind of crap is what drove Righteous and a few others from this forum. God help the poor bastard who gets on the "wrong side" of one of the Moderators - that's when the PM's start flying. I never attacked you personally, I just pointed out to you how ridiculous you sounded kissing the ass of that anti-gun POS that you insisted on molly coddling until he finally revealed himself to be what several here suspected he was from the beginning - BIG001 picked up on it rather quickly and started another post about it. Don't shoot the god damned messenger! If you have a problem with me or my views then PM me, I don't particularly care to be chastised in public or to chastise you in public.