just bought remington model 10

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by bogcjg, May 28, 2011.

1. bogcjg

bogcjg New Member

[​IMG]

what do yall think of the shotgun any thing i should know

what type of shell's should i shoot i got a free case4 of winchester unversal i know they are cheap are the unversal safe in this gun 2 3/4 inc-1200fps-3dr.eq-1 1/8 oz 7 1/2 shot

the gun is in realy great shape

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

BOG

The Remington Model 10 is a fine shotgun. And for what you are going to shoot in it you have no worries at all. I have one myself! ENJOY!
    :)

3. bogcjg

bogcjg New Member

thanx

was worried i onliy paid 130 bucks for her no cracks in butt gun is in preaty good shape

4. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

Stay away from steel shot and you should be good to go.

5. Oohrah

Oohrah New Member

Made before the 870 Remington, and I believe a single action bar instead of a double. I would also stick to lead, and leave the steel shot to the newer manufactured shotguns like another suggested. Believe you are stuck with the 2 3/4 length shells that are a lot kinder if you shoot a lot, and are recoil sensitive. A friend I hunted with back in the 60s swore by his in a 12 ga. I believe he was the third generation using it!

6. the foot

the foot New Member

Hey, the Model 10 is good to go. 2 3/4 length limit is not a problem; my 10 and my 870 and all my doubles are 2 3/4. Only one action bar also will not be a problem, unless there's a mechanical problem, nawmsang.

7. bogcjg

bogcjg New Member