Just bought my first Glock!

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by JK7706, Jun 3, 2013.

1. JK7706

JK7706 New Member

Very excited! traded my old 20 years + colt compact for a Glock 21 SF at the show in Tampa. Had a trigger job and night sites put on at the samed time. Looking forward to the range in the next few days to try it out.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013

2. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the club.

A 1911 it isn't, but it generally goes "bang" when you pull the trigger and if you do your part it's plenty accurate.

Prepare for the onslaught of the Glock haters and fanboys.

I've learned to love it for what it is instead of hating it for what it isn't.

3. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Had a 21 as my 1st handgun, great gun and accurate to boot.. Served its purpose reliably.. Enjoy!!

4. AR10

AR10 New Member

Pics of his Glock or the Colt he traded?

Remember, your only safety is the holster you choose, and your ability to control what contacts the trigger, and when.

I went from a 1911 style pistol (Star PD ) twenty some years ago to a Glock 21 that I traded pretty quickly for a Glock 21.

Glocks are not trophy wives, they are big boned, wide at the hip gals.

5. 45BBH

45BBH New Member

The 21sf is a fine .45. I've had one and it shot very well and definitely my favorite of the gen3 .45 models.

6. jbardellini

jbardellini New Member

Congratulations on your new G21 I'm sure you will love it.

7. danolator

danolator New Member

Welcome to Glockdom. It is your first, but it probably won't be your last. Simple to operate, rugged as heck, easy to tear down and reassemble, heck....it just makes it more fun. Congrats.

8. JK7706

JK7706 New Member

The simplicity of the gun is genius! They did some trigger work and installed night sights too. Put 50 rounds through it this morning. I like it. Thanks for the comments. By the way, guys, I still have a Les Baer Thunder ranch that will NEVER leave me.

Attached Files:

9. glockhead99

glockhead99 New Member

Congratulations on the new Glock 21
    You'll have a blast at the range.
    We love our Glock 21 Gen 4

10. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

Never get tired of seeing one... lol

11. austin92

austin92 New Member

Can't begin to tell you how sick I am of seeing them lol

12. demon4588

demon4588 New Member

Just bought my first glock as well i got the g20 i pick it up today good luck with yours

13. rifleman77

rifleman77 New Member

Man. Why didn't you offer me a trade. You could have had my 21 w/ night sights trigger job tungsten guide rod and a 30 rd mag. I like my glock but I would have kept the colt for sure.

14. JK7706

JK7706 New Member

Yeah, I know sight unseen, a lot of people would say that. It was a compact with some Wilson parts on it, but it nver was very accurate for me. In fact, first time out of the box, I shot the glock better. I still have a Les Baer Thunder Ranch, which is an absolute dream to shoot, I'm just not going to throw it in the truck when I'm out working. Traded a 20 year old gun that was worn for a new one and out of pocket $75. satisfied with the deal.