Just bought my first glock

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by lifeguardkliff, Nov 16, 2013.

1. lifeguardkliff

lifeguardkliff New Member

I've been looking at semiautos for a while now and got sold on the glock 30 s but as luck would have it none of my lgs had one in stock and I couldn't find one online so I called a one of the few lgs and they had a glock 30 sf so I decides fack it went to the nearest place that did the handgun safety test took the test and as I finished I looked in the case and what do you know there she is right in front of my face for $30 cheaper then the original store I was going to get her at and now I'm in the 10 day wait limbo where I can't think about anything but but my new gun

2. Javierzzz28

Javierzzz28 New Member

Must say..congratulations!happy shoot

3. JW357

JW357 New Member

My condolences.

Just kidding. Congrats.

4. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Lube it every now and then and shoot the crap out of it.

5. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

Congrats! My last duty weapon before my retirement was a Glock 21SF and was my first experiance with a Glock. Loved it so much that after I retired I bought one of the same model for myself. Enjoy.

6. Fred_G

Fred_G Active Member

Congrats! What is this handgun safety test you speak of? We used to have the 10 day wait in Louisiana, but never heard of taking a test to be able to buy a gun.

7. lifeguardkliff

Well sad to say I live in commifornia and to buy a handgun you have to take a test and they give you a certification card that you have to present whenever you buy a new gun

8. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

"Posting about a new gun and not following up with a range report is considered rude and unworthy of a true Member"

(Forum Rules, Section LXXIII, Paragraph 136)

9. Fred_G

Fred_G Active Member

Wow. And that does not disenfranchise minority gun buyers? Just joking, don't want to derail your thread.

His gun is in jail for a few more days. To post a range report would probably put the OP in jail...

What all is included in this 'handgun test'?

10. flybuddy

flybuddy New Member

Good picks in a 45..I've owned both those guns. I found the SF to be a bit more comfortable grip wise and a better carry weapon. Both are Glock accurate and reliable--great value, you can't go wrong.

11. lifeguardkliff

The test basically is just to see if you are a complete moron it covers safety and how to store your gun if you can't pass it then you shouldn't own anything bigger then a squirt gun

12. Fred_G

Fred_G Active Member

If you don't pass, do they encourage you to become a politician? :D

13. lifeguardkliff

Haha they actually give you an Obama sticker and enroll you for obamacare

14. cotex

cotex New Member

Love my 30 and that's coming from a guy that owns a hk45c. Wearing the hk tonight but tomorrow that changes, again. Not to mention got a sweet atacs camo rig from thinkfast holsters I'll be rockin under a hoodie of course. I don't ski but I love the winter because you can carry the big guns:)
    Tex

15. G30USMC

G30USMC Well-Known Member Supporter

Wear my 30 off duty! Great weapon