just bought lower parts kit!

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by beastmode986, Oct 12, 2013.

1. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

Well after months of think about how much i want an ar i finally decided to take my first step towards building one. i purchased a CMMG lower parts kit for 80$ total. Next step is to buy a lower! What do you guys think of this parts kit and what stripped lowers do you guys recommend for under 120$? I was looking at some aluminum lowers and the cav15 lowers.

2. marc29th

marc29th New Member

3. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

Hope you bought it from PSA otherwise you probably overpaid and its junk. Because we all know by now PSA is the greatest thing since boloney on wheat with mayo and mustard. :D

4. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

5. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Spikes, and Stag have worked well for me if you can buy them.

6. AndyRexia

AndyRexia New Member

PSA has good lowers. They sell CA compliant stuff too.

7. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Do you already have a lower ??

8. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

Nope, I need to buy one. Im kind of pissed, the store I bought this kit from had a cav 15 lower for 125$ out the door. I didn't have that much on plus I live in California with my dad.
    Has anyone had experience with the ATI omni polymer lower?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  9. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Save a little longer and get an aluminum lower. Don't be in a big hurry and buy crap. In the long run you'll be happier.

10. jord1985

jord1985 New Member

$80 is a lot for a basic lower parts kit, aimsurplus has the cmmg for $65, I got a PSA lpk last week with QMS upgraded trigger for $67 ....check around before you click buy man!

11. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

I bought it locally

I know I shouldn't support cheaper than dirt after their price gouging but..... they have http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/7-GSLRB this R guns lower for only 85$

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  12. jord1985

jord1985 New Member

It's always good to support local business.

13. Dahamp2003

Dahamp2003 New Member

Whoa. Pump your brakes a little. Haha. I just went through this. Make sure you get what you want. I know it cant come together fast enough, but you have time. Trust me. Buy what you want. You can get a PSA lower for under 100. Spikes sometimes under 100. Use slickguns.com. That should be your best friend. Just be patient. I started out with a New Frontier Complete lower, and while it did the job, you WILL upgrade. You should go aluminum now anyways because you bought a lower parts kit. I wouldnt buy polymer at all, but if I did it would be a complete lower. What exactly do you need? I can help you find deals, as I just went through it. But dont just get excited and click buy. If youre patient, I/we can help you bigtime. Let me know what you need/want, and Ill start looking. Congrats on starting a build. Its addicting. Dont say I didnt warn you haha

14. CamoToe1

CamoToe1 New Member

Lmfao. Ranier Arms lowers have the upper to lower tensioning screw. It is not absolutely necessary, but it does take away the upper to lower fit gamble. It's a little pricey at $137.50 but it may be worth it to you. My spikes/bcm fit is decent but there is a little play. I thought I would throw out another option besides PSA..... https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2124

15. jord1985

jord1985 New Member

Then don't use cheaper than dirt aimsurplus.com has a spikes blem lower for $80 or a surplus arms for $70

16. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Now is a very good time to shop ar parts or to build one. Mostly they are widely available with normal/ sale prices.
    Take your time and don't rush.

17. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Yeah SB 374 got vetoed by Gov Brown. Take your time buying parts like Donk said. How what part of California are you in?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  18. curt1985

curt1985 New Member

Check out surplus ammo and arms.