Just bought a sig p226 tacops

Discussion in 'SIG Sauer Forum' started by tankwilson, Jan 26, 2014.

1. tankwilson

tankwilson New Member

Hey guys just sold my colt defender 45 this weekend and bought a sig p226 tacops. Was planning on buying a plain p226 but after checking out some of the different p226 models I couldn't help myself and bought the tacops 9mm model

I plan on using this pieces as my conceal carry. Not crazy bout the magwell grips. Love the 20 round magazines but will probably buy some flush fit 18 round magazines and buy a E2 grip. Will that grip fit my p226 tacops?

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Firearms Talk mobile app

2. pat701

pat701 New Member

What did you pay for that bad boy????:confused:

3. tankwilson

tankwilson New Member

$899 nib.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Firearms Talk mobile app

4. tankwilson

tankwilson New Member

So how and where do I get some good aftermarket parts for this. Instead of going out and buying my next gun I would like to spend some time and little $$$ to make this one better.

Anyway to improve on the trigger?

5. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Possibly install some grips, but what else could it need?

Put a couple of cases of ammo down range before you change anything internally.

6. tankwilson

tankwilson New Member

I have done both. Don't get me wrong it's a sweet gun and I love it but would like to make the trigger a little lighter.

7. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Part of the design is that the trigger is long and heavy for the first shot. I find the stock trigger or the short reset trigger to work well, and the single action mode to be pretty nice and light for a "serious" gun.

8. tankwilson

tankwilson New Member

So nobody other than sig makes a spring kit or trigger job?

9. tomamate928

tomamate928 New Member

I'm thinking about buying Tacops 9mm, but I have a smaller hand. Do you know if you can put the E2 grip on Tacops?

Thanks.

10. rifleshooter474

rifleshooter474 New Member

I bought the MK-25 Navy,really enjoy shooting it.

Attached Files:

11. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

You should be able too although the Tac-ops has magwell grips and 20 rd mag so you probably would have to go with 18 rds with the E2 grips, at least to look right.
    Could be wrong but don't think so.

RS474 Difference between a Sig Navy and Sig MK25 besides price.
    Check the specs.

Navy
    http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p226-navy.aspx

MK25
    http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p226-mk25.aspx

12. rifleshooter474

Just what would as you posted "Check the specs." mean to me?

13. tomamate928

tomamate928 New Member

If it at all feels like the P226 with E2 on it then that would be perfect. Is the Tacops grip more like the stock/standard P226 without E2? Because that for sure wouldn't fit my small hand. Thanks in advance

14. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

Not much undoubtedly. There is a Navy 226 and a MK25 226.
    Specifications of a gun are somewhat important to most gun owners and the links I provided show the specifications of both pistols and there are some differences.

Best suggestion I can offer is to find a Tac-ops at a gun store and try it out and if they have one you can shoot it woulds be a bonus..

15. rifleshooter474

There is a really good article in the July 2012 of Guns&Ammo Magazine,by Eric R. Poole on page 66,it gives a good run down of the changes from the first Sig Sauer P226 Navy to the MK-25 Navy.
    It explains all the changes that were made.

16. Rougewolf

Rougewolf Guest

Why buy a gun just to change things about it before you really even understand the weapon system!? All guns are different and some were designed quite well. Imo sigs don't need any changes. Don't like the trigger, don't buy the gun.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
  17. Rougewolf

Rougewolf Guest

Have you ever carried a firearm concealed? Choosing the p226 tacops as your ccw is just plain stupid. People on here can get mad but I honestly don't think you have a clue as to what you are doing/thinking. Hope you have a nice man purse to sling that thing around in.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
  18. boatdoc

boatdoc New Member

do no t think so--I was thinking of a tac ops but decided to go with an enhanced elite due to the e-2 grips on that model--most other features being the same

19. sigman84

sigman84 New Member

for a SIG concealed carry piece I would look at the P229 for double stack and the P239 for single stack. The P226 is good for OWB open carry.