just bouaght a Beretta 96

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by bogcjg, Aug 30, 2011.

1. bogcjg

bogcjg New Member

paid 350 dollars good buy

what do you guys think of the 96 i also got two mags a case of 100 hundred white box and a hoster and a mag holster

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  2. jismail

jismail Member

I have a 96G and have always liked it. Shoots well, feels good in my hand. What's not to like? :)

3. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Nice job. I had one too. Great gun. Do you have a pic?

4. bogcjg

bogcjg New Member

not yet i will post the pics on thursday when i pick it up for he shop

5. Logan636

Logan636 New Member

I have a Beretta 90-two and a PX4 storm. Both great quality guns as Im sure your 96 will be. I've never had a problem with beretta. Sounds like a good buy.

6. beaniemac

beaniemac New Member

why was it so cheap? was it used?

7. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

I have a friend that swears by Berettas.
    Buys and shoots nothing but them.
    Hope you get as much satisfaction with it as he does.

8. bogcjg

bogcjg New Member

yah my friend bought it new his wifer went crazy he has to sell it well here are the pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. bogcjg

bogcjg New Member

well went to the range today did an ok group at 15 feet dont have pics was to excited forgot my camara well take some next time thye gun felt good in my hands and the recoil was lighter then i thought it would be overal i think i did well

10. Westy

Westy New Member

For $ 350.00 in that condition you stole it!

11. genconex

genconex New Member

Beretta is a good company with good products. I am military and we use the M9 (92F). They hold up well to all the abuse we put them through and thousands of rounds we feed through them with minimal issues. Just the occasional stove pipe during advanced weapons training courses that tend to last 5 days. (No cleaning during course - just an occasional squirt of oil to keep them cycling).
    However, since I have fired M9's my whole military career I tend to steer away from 9X series Beretta's, for personal use, simply because I don't find them interesting anymore.

12. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congrats on the new pistola. :cool:

13. bogcjg

bogcjg New Member

thanks yah i am in love with this gun went though a ton of round i dont think i will be able to stock pile any rounds for this lol
    and is there any upgrades i can get it is my first psitol so any info or hints will be greatly apreacted

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  14. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

If it's your first pistol, shoot hundreds of rounds and become proficient shooting it and with its manual of arms. Then shoot it a bunch more until it feels like it's a part of you.

Then you'll know any quirks or weaknesses and your own preferences as well. That's when to think about any changes you may want to make.

15. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Bog,

Nice! Looks Brand New! That was a good buy! I carried one for years with my job and they are nice pistols and made well. The one I carried was a 96F with a Robar finish and Trijicon Night Sights. Let us know how it shoots.

16. Rarity

Rarity New Member

Congratulations on your new Beretta 96.

Zoey,

17. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

As some may recall, I was contemplating a trade I'm on my Beretta. Man, am I glad I didn't. I've fallen in love with this thing over the last month or so. Still don't care for the INOX finish though. Congrats on the great buy.

18. bogcjg

bogcjg New Member

sighned up for a nra pistol class will find out the dates next week

19. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Beretta 92/96- Not my cup of tea, but a good gun nonetheless.

By the looks of it, you added a good gun at a great price. I don't really even like 'em, and I'd jump on it for $350.

20. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

A good deal on a great firearm. Congrats.