Just Another New Guy

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by SCrewed, Jan 6, 2013.

1. SCrewed

SCrewed New Member

Hello everyone. Like many a new newcomer I have laid awake in bed reading post after post on my phone trying to learn anything I could. Well yesterday some of my family and I went and made our first handgun purchases! My sister picked up an SR9c, my brother-in-law got his mitts on an M&P 9mm and I opted for a beautiful XDM-9 compact. Needless to say we're all excited to go shooting tomorrow. I have shot an XDM before just not the compact but so far I love the way it sits in my hand. I haven't been this excited to pull something from my pants since... I got my Galaxy S III. Har har

Now on to a question. When I try to load my fully loaded 19 round mag into my gun it seems to not want to click in, and once in, the mag release is a bear to push. Pop a round out and all is well. Does this just need broken in? Defective mag or worse... Defective firearm?

Thank you for all you guys (and gals) have taught me and I look forward to learning loads (haha get it) more from this wonderful community.

2. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

Welcome to the forum from Florida

3. JSStryker

JSStryker New Member

Welcome aboard!

Your pistol most likely just needs a few rounds run through it to break it in.

4. crazycharlie2

crazycharlie2 New Member

I had the same problem with my XD Tactical .45.
    I contacted Springfield and they said if it persists to send it back. After a little use it seemed to work itself out. It's still a little tight, but not worth sending it back. I think it just needs to be used a lot.

5. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Gud choice on the Springer & Ruger ;)

[​IMG]

6. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

HOSS. Ill trade you my XD for yours. I do not have a tan gun yet.

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Throw in a AR :p

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome. Try locking the slide back to load a full mag. Given a little time things will get relaxed and not be an issue. It happens with a lot of guns. Fresh mag spring presses the top round into the slide. Load it down one round. That should make a difference.

9. SCrewed

SCrewed New Member

Finally went out shooting and did pretty well but definitely need more practice. But that's the fun part right? Love the gun as it performed flawlessly. Made for a real fun day.

10. BulletToothT2

BulletToothT2 New Member

I really enjoyed shooting the XDM. It has a very crisp trigger pull and most importantly I felt accurate with it.

11. SCrewed

SCrewed New Member

You're welcome lol

12. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

My M&P and my XD for your XD. Hummmm.

13. -06

-06 New Member

What ever you carry/use you need to be ultra familiar with it--till it feels natural. Then switch hands--then go to different positions. Hope that spring loosens up.