Firearms Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks- I'm in the process of getting my license to carry renewed after a 20yr. hiatus and I was hoping some other MA residents would be on here and could answer some questions for me.

A little bit about me- I was born and raised in MA (10 miles north of Boston) and I still live here now in North Reading. I have 2 beautiful daughters and a far too attractive wife for a schmuck like me, so I consider myself blessed in that regard.

I've been fortunate enough to fire several of my friend's handguns and I have to say I fell in love with a friends 9mm CZ. It has a butter smooth trigger and is incredibly accurate which is everything I'm looking for for a range gun and in a self defense weapon. From the little research I've done it doesn't appear I can purchase any CZ handguns in MA. Does anyone know if this is true or not? From the list on the MA gov. website it says no CZ75B guns are allowed in MA but on another website it stated anything based on the CZ 75 platform would not be allowed.

Sorry for the long post as it is my first and thank you in advance for any responses.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Welcome from north of the border (NH). There are some other Mass. Citizens on here and can tell you if the CZ75 is ok or not. I have one up here and it is definitely the most comfortable/ Ergonomic handgun I've ever shoot. I love mine.

Glad to have you on board.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome from north of the border (NH). There are some other Mass. Citizens on here and can tell you if the CZ75 is ok or not. I have one up here and it is definitely the most comfortable/ Ergonomic handgun I've ever shoot. I love mine.

Glad to have you on board.
Thanks Marc. Very jealous of your CZ. I really want one badly (SP-01 tactical would be 1st choice) but it isn't looking too good for me. Maybe I need to move the family 20 more miles north to the free living land(s) of NH! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was the list I was working off of when I wrote the first post. What a disheartening list. I understand (sorta) the reason(s) for wanting to ban certain weapons and I guess even high capacity clips although I'm pretty sure you could cause plenty of damage with 10 bullets vs. 16 or 17. Silly restrictions by silly politicians.

We used to have to drive up your way just to purchase alcohol on Sundays (other than restaurants) not too long ago so maybe I'll live long enough to see things turn around. With the way things are trending however, I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
to the FTF community. We are glad to have you as a new member!

All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!

Please read the following, it will save all of us a lot of time and trouble:

Please DO NOT post (including in your signature) advertisements, links to sell or advertise if you are not a vendor.

New folks- Please read this!!! << Click Here

FTF Newcomer's Guide << Click Here

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

FTF's List Of Acronyms << Click Here

Join the Gun Owners of America, a worthy 2nd Amendment protector.

Gun Owners of America << Click Here

Please join the NRA, it serves all gun owners well.

Join the NRA << Click Here

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Welcome to FTF

Welcome from Georgia. Glad you found us. Enjoy.

·
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
2,627 Posts
MAhole said:
Howdy folks- I'm in the process of getting my license to carry renewed after a 20yr. hiatus and I was hoping some other MA residents would be on here and could answer some questions for me.

A little bit about me- I was born and raised in MA (10 miles north of Boston) and I still live here now in North Reading. I have 2 beautiful daughters and a far too attractive wife for a schmuck like me, so I consider myself blessed in that regard.

I've been fortunate enough to fire several of my friend's handguns and I have to say I fell in love with a friends 9mm CZ. It has a butter smooth trigger and is incredibly accurate which is everything I'm looking for for a range gun and in a self defense weapon. From the little research I've done it doesn't appear I can purchase any CZ handguns in MA. Does anyone know if this is true or not? From the list on the MA gov. website it says no CZ75B guns are allowed in MA but on another website it stated anything based on the CZ 75 platform would not be allowed.

Sorry for the long post as it is my first and thank you in advance for any responses.
To answer your question, I know for a fact that the 75b is a no-no, and I'm 90% sure that the 75 as a whole isn't allowed, sadly, nothing based on the Hi-Power is allowed and they may consider the 75 a Hi-Power design, this state sucks don't it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi FullAuto,

Thank you very much for the responses. I have lived in this state my whole life and I've really enjoyed a vast myriad of things including an excellent education, some amazing sports teams and a variety of significant history dating back to colonial times like when we kicked the living crap out of the British and told them to beat it. As if it's not bad enough we get taxed up the wazoo, does our local government really have to severely limit our 2nd amendment rights and essentially create a monopoly for a few gun manufacturers? The choices we have for handguns in MA is pathetic and it almost makes me wish I didn't just purchase a new house in the last couple of years so I could pack up the family and head 20 miles north to NH.

·
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
2,627 Posts
MAhole said:
Hi FullAuto,

Thank you very much for the responses. I have lived in this state my whole life and I've really enjoyed a vast myriad of things including an excellent education, some amazing sports teams and a variety of significant history dating back to colonial times like when we kicked the living crap out of the British and told them to beat it. As if it's not bad enough we get taxed up the wazoo, does our local government really have to severely limit our 2nd amendment rights and essentially create a monopoly for a few gun manufacturers? The choices we have for handguns in MA is pathetic and it almost makes me wish I didn't just purchase a new house in the last couple of years so I could pack up the family and head 20 miles north to NH.
Can't agree with you more, I was at a range in NH today, wish I didn't come back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts