Just about fell out of my chair when I saw this

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by k2000k, Aug 1, 2014.

1. k2000k

k2000k New Member

I was in the midst of doing my pre-bed ritual of perusing various gun images/threads/discussions, when I came across this little video which you may, or may not, have seen. It was a little segment on the view, and resisting my better judgement, I clicked to watch it expecting the usual inane nonsense. What I saw nearly made me fall out of my chair because never, in my entire life, would I expect 3 of the 4 women on the view have anything positive to say about fire arms. Seeing this I can't help but think that we are actually winning.

http://www.cnsnews.com/video/newsbu...ant-protect-yourself-ladies-get-gun-your-home

2. hunter105

hunter105 New Member

Glad they also talked about learning how to use the gun, doesn't do much good if you aren't comfortable shooting.

3. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

it's beginning to slowly come out of the closet ;)

4. k2000k

k2000k New Member

I like how the women in pink was getting ready to go into a gun safety/control rant and the black woman (I don't know their names) totally just blows up the rant before it can even start. The look on her face as she realizes that all the other women at the table, and it sounds like many in the audience, were pro-fire arm defense...priceless.

5. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

6. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Stupid woman. The gun in the scenario was brought into the house by the ex husband but she would never want a gun in her house. That phone really helped the victim a lot. The 911 operator would get a good recording of her being shot. Being a victim changes your attitude in a hurry unless you are so lame in the brain you wont defend yourself or your child no matter what. She would have fared no better if he had a knife.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  7. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

It shows that you're only a liberal gun grabber until someone attacks you, personally, at which point you quickly figure out that you're not going to stop someone twice your size and strength, let alone multiple someones, with a kitchen knife or baseball bat, especially if the criminal or criminals have weapons.

8. Highpower

Highpower New Member

9. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

10. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

Maybe things ARE looking up, sure hope so.

11. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

Yeah, that lady in pink got shut down FAST!

12. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Warrior!

Yes she did! But she is like so many that would make that statement! They live their life in a "false" comfortable little safe Bubble and have never experienced anything like that. So it is that "It couldn't or would never happen to ME! And especially where I live! How many times have we heard that? Followed by later "God I never thought that could ever happen to "ME" or my family! They are real lucky if they can say this after the incident. So many that were unprepared and so nieve, never get a chance to say it!
    We had a liberal attorney in our city area years ago that had exactly the same attitude as the lady in the Pink Dress. Until one evening some guys almost beat him to death! Needless to say guess what was the first thing he did shortly after the attack! You guessed it! Changed his view and got a CCW and a 9 mm Pistol. ;)

13. Missouribound

Missouribound Well-Known Member

And you are 100% right. Unfortunately many will die and have died hanging on to the stupid belief that you are safer without a gun in your home. Should everyone own a gun?.....absolutely not. But the video illustrates perfectly what can happen when someone enters your house against your will.

14. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I watched the View today. After watching the show my IQ dropped by 2 points. They are all for smart gun technology even though the average single mom couldn't afford a smart gun. One of the panelists said the NJ law is pushing smart gun technology on the people before it is ready. Whoopi Goldberg shouted the common sense panelists down saying that everyone can afford a $10k gun. I am sitting here thinking what planet did Whoopi fly in from?

15. k2000k

k2000k New Member

Well it is the View, which is why I was so surprised in the first place. I don't expect well reasoned and thought out discourse on anything. The show is a verbal diarrhea of 'feels', however, as much as I hate to say it, the show probably does illustrate the outlook of most urban/suburban women. Still, it wasn't too long ago that the view was 100% anti-gun all the time.

16. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to Idaho where they have a different attitude.

Attached Files:

17. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

yes! 100% right! even frankenstein herself proves this...the second she was threatened, we got a gun and a concealed permit. your experience changes everything.

idk why anyone with a brain can't figure this one out. good people, when threatened, deserve the right to use a firearm to defend themselves and their families.

i just think its a lot of people floating around in a fantasy world because they have been fortunate enough to not be in a situation where they have to rely on themselves to take care of themselves. they think the police will be there 10 seconds after they dial 911. :confused:

18. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

the part that i find the most ironic....

the "anti-gun" video....it seems MUCH MORE like a ad for a PRO GUN group. the lady in the video has a gun to defend her home, the perp never touches her kid to begin with....:rolleyes: