Firearms Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
SWEET!!!
I'm looking at 1903 Springfields but just not willing to pay the prices I'm seeing. I have bolt action rifles from all the other major combatants of WW2 except the US. I do have a (Auto Ordnance, 2013 vintage) M1 Carbine which will have to suffice.

I was visiting Colonial Williamsburg a few years back and one of the buildings (maybe the magazine) had a ton of muskets displayed around the rooms. Not sure if they were all in working order or what but I was impressed at the shear number of them. The guide said back then every able man was required to have a firearm, unless he was a slave, convict, or had some very good reason not to have one. After all...they WERE the army!

·
Administrator
1,233 Posts
@Tjt - welcome to the site. Please wander over to the Introductions section and tell us a bit about yourself. You will also want to familiarize yourself with this thread (it has good information on the site): So yer new here, huh?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This isn't even half of them. I've been in this game for over 40 years. This is just an older picture I ran across and decided to share.
Jon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts