just a quick question?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by hockeyjr1, May 18, 2012.

1. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

im getting a daniel defnce upper reciver for my ar15. and i am parting ways with my rock river upper reciver to my cousin who will build a rifle from it. no my question is tht the DD upper comes with this BCG....

•Bolt Carrier Group: F/A BCG, HP and MPI Tested, Shot Peened Bolt, Extractor Booster, Properly Staked Gas Key

and my RRA has a Chrome BCG that i love since it needs almost no oil on it and you can easily see how dirty it is when your cleaning it.

so should i keep the RRA chrome BCG and put that into the DD upper or just keep the same upper and BCG together that comes in the DD?

2. frostyone

frostyone New Member

I would keep the bolts together. Once a BCG is fired for a while you should try to keep it with the upper it was used in. They wear in together.

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

the rra chrome bcg is nice but your new dd one is better quality. parts dont need to be squeeky clean unless your shooting corrosive ammo. i just knock the chunks off oil it up and call it good.

when the carbon builds up to really noticable levels i give it a few light wacks with a catm4 tool but dont overdo it.

the military teaches its gotta be super clean but it really doesnt. just keep it from getting out of control. i only spend 10-15 minutes tops cleaning any gun.

4. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

yeah i figured the new on would be better quality comming from DD. I dont care about beaing able to see the dirt asim wiping it off. rather have a gun run how it was made to then start having problems. thanks for the help guys. oh and is there anything i need to keep in mind with a chrome linned barrel? mine now isnt just making sure theres no difference in like cleaning and stuff...

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

easier to clean.

6. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

If you want it easier to clean, you can always send out your DD bolt and carrier to get it coated. I personally wouldn't do it but they offer the service.

7. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

When you start switching Bolt Carrier Groups they should have the Head Space checked!